1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will The Washington Nationals be on a RSN for this year?

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Msguy, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    With the baseball season just a little more than a month away, my question is this. Will the Washington Nationals be on a RSN like Comcast Sportsnet in the D.C. area? I know the Orioles are on Comcast Sportsnet. Just wondering if the Nationals will even get a network? If so I've not heard of one yet which one they will be covered on. I've also looked on there website on there schedule and no TV listings for them yet on there team schedule.

2. Ronmort

Ronmort Godfather

Apr 23, 2002
    Well if you have the EI package, keep the faith. There will be about 90 Nationals games on the RSNs of all their opponents that will be on the package. Not too shabby!

3. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    No one can really answer your question yet. There are complicated negotiations going on right now. The bewst guess is that both the Os and the Nats will be on CSN MA next year with a new RSN formed in a year or so. The site www.dcrtv.net covers it prety well as do all the Washington papers.

4. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    well I'm just wondering. I'm not a fan of the Nationals I just was wondering if they would have a hometown call for there games this year on Extra innings. I know the Orioles weren't too pleased with the Nationals coming into there market to start with. I was just wondering since baseball is only about a month from starting the regular season.

5. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I do not blame you. We are all wondering.

6. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    yeah i have been wondering this for some time. Baseball games on Direc Tv seem to only be broadcast from the RSN's on Direc Tv and very little are over the air broadcasts delivered to Direc Tv customers who subscribe to Extra innings. I know many in Philadelphia know all about this because the Phillies don't allow there local Comcast Sports to be on Satellite TV.