1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Will there be a successor to the THR22?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by Pink Jazz, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Pink Jazz

Pink Jazz Mentor

Jan 1, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    The THR22 went through long delays before being released, and when it was released, it was already outdated.

I was wondering, does anyone think there will ever be a successor to the THR22, based on the HR24, HR34, or HR44 hardware? Such features that can be incorporated into an updated model would be TiVo's Premiere HD UI, support for whole home service (with other TiVo units), PC streaming, and 3D support.

While I am not a TiVo user myself, the whole reason for releasing the THR22 was to keep existing TiVo customers.

What does anyone here think?

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I figure the chances are just about as good as them releasing a DVR in a pink case.

Haven't seen you around for a while, welcome back :)

And this is only my opinion, I have no actual info from either company. I'm basing it on how the THR22 has gone development wise.

3. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    It'll be ready in 6 years! lol jk \

I doubt it as well but who knows.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Don't know but releasing anything based on hardware other than the hr44 would be dumb.

It would once again require a complete rewrite though and considering the last time they had to do that it took what three years I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    When TiVo came out, we were shipped 200 units to my warehouse, there are at least still a little more than 100 left since then. Based on this info, I seriously doubt it

6. codespy

codespy Packers or Bust!!

Mar 29, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I figure the chances are just about as good as them releasing a DVR in a pink case............

I second that, the THR22-100 will be the last integrated DirecTiVo IRD you will see, unless HE(double hockey sticks) freezes over. :)

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

7. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Magic 8 Ball says "Unlikely" :)