1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will they find me --

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by agfcnissan, Feb 15, 2010.

1. agfcnissan

agfcnissan Cool Member

Jan 30, 2010
    ju

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I use an old Sony SVR-2000 Tivo and have no problems with it using a DirecTv receiver or a Dish ATSC Converter box (told it I was using a Dish satellite receiver so it would send the right codeset and then removed all the channels except the locals). Dont see why you would have any problems.

3. agfcnissan

agfcnissan Cool Member

Jan 30, 2010
    i have a problem with the reciver going to sleep then the tivo tapes the back screen with advice on it.. this is on dish network

4. jimborst

jimborst Legend

Jun 13, 2006
    I used an older Dish receiver for years with a TiVo, but I think most of the new receivers do the late night download. If you could find an old one (I think mine was a 301? model), if you had one you'd have to turn off the automatic updates.

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Wake up the DISH receiver with an auto tune after the update.

6. fryguy503

fryguy503 Legend

Sep 3, 2009
    You can disable Inactivity standyby aswell.

7. jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    we have a 301 with a series 2 TiVo. Wife uses it to death. The Tivo is on it's 3rd hard disk! She wears them out from recording it to capacity all the time.

I think she has some kind of wake up recording every morning. But I could be wrong. After getting it configured originally a few years ago, I left her to her own vices with it.

8. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Set your receiver up with an autotune timer about 1-2 hours after the nightly update, this will wake the receiver up.

Also, disable the inactivity standby.