1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Will this Power inserter and DECA orientation work?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by tony4d, Jan 21, 2013.

1. tony4d

tony4d Legend

Sep 5, 2006
    I have a wiring closet where I want to centralize all networking and misc stuff like DECA and power inserters. I'm wondering if this orientation works to get power to the SWM and broadband into DECA.

Below I show where all ports are routed to and from given I have a SWM Power Inserter and a Broadband DECA device:

[Coax From Splitter]--->[Coax In SWM Power Inserter]

[Coax Out SWM Power Inserter]--->[Coax In Broadband DECA]

[Ethernet Out Broadband DECA]--->[Ethernet In Router]

Given all of that I should be able to connect all my DirecTV DVRs and etc off the other ports on the splitter in which case I now have whole home DVR and broadband to all devices?

2. samrs

samrs MANC DBSTalk Club

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    Thats one way to do it, Ive done it like that.

3. Mark40930

Mark40930 Mentor

Aug 2, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Mine is configured same way, the installer used the second sat-in cable from the R16 when I had the old 3-LNB dish.
    Only problem was that setup didn't want to see the internet connection through my switch, had to connect it directly to the router until setup was complete. After that I was able to move it back to the switch.