1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this recording be successful?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bills976, Sep 5, 2010.

1. bills976

bills976 Godfather/Supporter

Jun 30, 2002
    I am a perennial subscriber to Sunday Ticket. Last year, I wanted to record the final game of the season for the Bills. I did so by selecting the program in the guide and hitting "R". This recording was unsuccessful even though I did it only two days in advance of the game, the box claiming that the program was cancelled.

This year, I need to record the first game of the season and won't be home at the time of the game. Knowing better, this year I set a manual recording for channel 705 for 5 hours. However, I am concerned that these channels are currently being used for US Open coverage, and hence the names of the channels will change by the time week one rolls around (and consequently void my recording). Does anyone know if the software architecture of these boxes will cancel this recording, or will it ultimately be successful?

2. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    Where are you going to be? Do you have access to a computer. Check and double check your recordings via the DTV website.

Call a friend and have them check for you.

edit: Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question as I don't know.

3. oldbamaguy

oldbamaguy Legend

Jun 1, 2009
    I'm not sure about last year's failure.
    The schedule is out there now on your guide, (you have to go find it by date and time and channel).
    What I would do is using the guide and the green +12 hours button on the remote, step out to Sept 12 (date shows in upper left corner). Then look at the channels list for "game time" in the 700 to 725 range. Find the game you want and hit "r" and add the extension (just in case of OT). I guess you could change the "stop time" to add several hours in the extreme case of the game being delayed.
    You could then, get out and check your "todo" list just to be sure.
    It will then be up to DirecTV and the "HD-DVR Gods" (ie beyond your control).
    You should be "good to go".
    Good Luck!!