1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win 7 Media Center plugins

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dmspen, Aug 8, 2010.

1. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I've been playing with Media Center in Win 7 lately and wondered what MUST HAVE plugins people are using? Anythin you can't live without or is very cool?

2. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Never used it.
    VLC, Playon, and WD-TV Live are my mainstays.

3. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
  4. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    secondrun.tv, and hulu desktop integrated into media center are nice apps to have. if you have a netflix subscription, the built-in netflix app is awesome. you can now get streaming HD on the PC. Also there is a built-in XM radio app that can be used w/ your XM online subscription; I use that one quite a bit.

I highly recommend some type of TV tuner if you don't have one already, and some type of DVD ripping software. That really completes the media center experience.

thegreenbutton.com is the go-to forum for media center related topics.

5. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    www.slysoft.com for dvd software.

TV Tuner is not a major thing here since have DirectV DVR's in place and OTA reception is not worth the cost of the tuner card

6. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    I agree. Very nice.

7. ncxcstud

ncxcstud Icon

Apr 22, 2007
    Check out this site...

http://www.hack7mc.com/

Lots of great tools and plugins available. One of my favorites is My Channels. Really simple addon, but make browsing your guide so much easier...

Also, check out this feature that hack7mc did... Top 10 Plugins for the Summer

8. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    awesome. thanks all.