1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 Logo May Have Been Leaked

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by LarryFlowers, May 20, 2009.

1. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    What appears to be the official Windows 7 Logo may have been leaked at a Microsoft event in China. Here's what it looks like and this may be indicative of a rumored changed to the entire GUI that won't show up until the final release.

Larry

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think it's a little weak, a little wispy. It doesn't look like the logo for a product that holds your digital life and your business in its hands.

3. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    The logo looks like it's scared of something:lol:

4. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    Maybe it's scared of Leopards.
    [​IMG]

5. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Hmmm If this rumor is true... MS is not thinking.. Why drop in a change to the entire GUI at final release. You are given it no time for feedback and time to let it soak in and give it time to fix the bugs introduced by the change.

Boy I hope that is not there plan.

6. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    Thsi is the first i've heard of this... more data please

7. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Paul Thurott, Ed Bott and the usual crowd of suspects who generally know these things, have been speculating for some time that a gui change could well be in the works. Seems that Microsoft has split the development of Windows 7 into two lines. One line is running straight from Windows 7 RC towards the RTM. The other line is being closely held.

These guys have a rep as being right more often than they are wrong so we will have to see. There are some gui changes I have wanted all along. I do not like the system tray area. I in particular miss the animated network icon. Who knows.

Personally, I don't see how they can change the gui drastically, so maybe it is just some surprise polishing they have been holding back on.

8. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I agree. The GUI has already changed significantly in what we're testing. Wouldn't make sense to make untested changes at the last minute.

I think at most, we'll see some surprise "themes" when it's officially released. Just my .02. /steve

9. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    You mean they moved the Control Panel again?! :lol:

10. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Nope... Just the Add/Remove programs... :lol:

11. Hansen

Hansen Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2006

I agree with Win 7 needing some tweaks on the GUI such as the system tray. The current system tray is...well, just plain and boring. Could be so much cooler.

I wonder if this is more about things like the opening and closing splash screen rather than an overhaul of the entire GUI. Either way, that's a pretty lame logo...needs some sprucing up with color and pizazz.

12. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I think they could use some tweaking in the HD department of the GUI. Maybe this is what they are working on...

I agree Larry, I hate not being able to see if data is coming and going or not.

13. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    That's lame...however, it's not afraid of any cats. :lol:

Mike

14. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    Afraid of a MAC maybe?!?:lol:

15. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I was trying, maybe unsuccessfully, to say it's not afraid of Mac's refering to post #4. :grin:

Mike

16. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy! :nono2: