1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless add tv?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by bnewt, Jul 23, 2012.

1. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    Has anyone attempted to run 2 tv's with a single Hopper or Joey?
    I would like to install a Hopper with 3 Joey's in my home. I have a tv upstairs that is rarely used & was wondering if I could some how use one of the Joey's signal to view hd on it?

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    HDMI splitter and long HDMI cable would do it.

3. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    If the hopper is a dual tuner, then I was wondering if I use a wireless transmitor & receiver if I could run 2 tv's with just one hopper or joey

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    The Hopper and Joey both have one output, you need both to see two independent channels

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    H and J working on wired Ethernet. you could try to add wireless adapter to J and employ your WiFi Access Point box.
    Then move your J to any place in the home, with HDMI signal.

6. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    The Dish-supplied USB adapter works great with the Joeys. I do it all the time.

7. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    Could you go into more detail? I read somewhere in this forum that the USB port on the joey wasn't even active.

8. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    I heard that in the past too, but I hooked the Dish-supplied wireless USB adapter to the Joey and it can link to any of my 3 Hoppers :) . What kind of details would you like?