1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Wireless Ethernet Adapter for HR24-200

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ctsmd, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Mar 9, 2013 #1 of 11
    ctsmd

ctsmd AllStar

Aug 9, 2007
    Can someone please recommend a wireless ethernet adapter for a HR24-200?

DVR and router both in location were cinema connect kit or ethernet hard wire run is to difficult.

Thanks

Carl

2. Mar 9, 2013 #2 of 11
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm not quite sure what you are asking... since it sounds like you already have a cinema connection kit and you shouldn't need a direct ethernet connection.

3. Mar 9, 2013 #3 of 11
    Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    If you can't network with a CCK (wired) DirecTV does sell a Wireless CCK

4. Mar 9, 2013 #4 of 11
    ctsmd

ctsmd AllStar

Aug 9, 2007
    I do not have a Cinema Connection kit. Maybe thats what I need.

I have internet wireless router in room not supplied by coax runs for DirecTv.

I have a HR24-220 upstairs and one down stairs in an older house so direct hardwired ethernet to each not an option.

If I add a cinema connection kit will that be my wireless internet connection that will then pass internet over the coax to each receiver? and I think the HR 24 do not need the DECA boxes, they have it built in?

Is that correct? If so thats all I need then .

5. Mar 9, 2013 #5 of 11
    bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise DBSTalk Club

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    HR24s do have built in DECA so you shouldn't need anything external other than a wireless CCK.

6. cowart

cowart Mentor

Aug 27, 2007
    I have an HR22 connected to my network with a Linksys WET610N which I bought used last year on Ebay. It works well so far.

7. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    He shouldn't do that if he has Whole Home DVR service. He would have to hook the Linksys up to the ethernet port on the HR24, which would then turn off it's internal DECA adapter, and cause Whole Home DVR to quit working.

His best solution is to get a Wireless Cinema Connect Kit (WCCK) like the others have suggested. He may already have one, if not he should be able to get one sent to him for DirecTV fairly cheap.

8. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    He doesn't currently have DECA's. So, it would appear that he doesn't have Whole Home DVR service either.

One question that we've all forgotten to ask is whether ctmsd has a SWM system in his house or if it's a 'classic' 4-LNB Slimline system. If he doesn't have a SWM system, the Wireless CCK will only get him Internet access at the DVR that it's directly connected to.

9. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    He has HR24's so he wouldn't have DECA adapters, because DECA is built into them.

But yes, we do need to figure out if he has a SWM setup, and if he has Whole Home DVR.

10. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    Good point.

11. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    My vote is the WCCK . . .