1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Wireless Genie Clients becoming unresponsive

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by antneye, Aug 13, 2014.

1. antneye

antneye Cool Member

Sep 29, 2006
    I recently had the wireless Genies installed and have them set up in RF mode with the remote. The system works fine, but then when I come back to the box the next day it is unresponsive and needs to be re-booted. It seems it is losing the RF capability until it is reset. Is this a known issue? Can anyone guide me on how to fix?

Thanks. I recently came back to DirecTV so I have been ottally out of the loop for years. So far I am not happy with the experience.

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Can you tell us what firmware is on it?

Menu
    settings
    info

It may have not updated yet to the latest and if it's really old that may be the issue.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Also tell us the model number of the remote control along with the information above.

4. antneye

antneye Cool Member

Sep 29, 2006
    I will post firware versions tonight when i get home. I don't recall the version but I did notice that the main genie was on a newer rev level than the mini's (had an 8 maybe 08xxxx. It seems like the new firmware was downloaded a few nights ago but has yet to push to the mini's (which I recall having a 7 in their name). Is there anyway to force it to push?

Edit:
    I just checked the stickies above and the main client is on 0X08 and the mini's are on 0x07 at minimum.

5. scottb8888

scottb8888 Cool Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Same problem here with the C41 Client (Wired)

0x73f 7/31/2014 MoCA Installed on both C41's

0x870 6/12/2014 MoCA Installed on the HR34

Almost happens every night!

6. bryonbnm

bryonbnm New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    I'm also having the same issue; very annoying.

0x750 on wireless receivers