1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Internet Radio

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by VaJim, Apr 21, 2009.

1. VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    ...anybody try one? I recently bought a Grace Wireless Internet Radio (ITC-IR-1000). It's great! If you enjoy listening to Sirius in the house but hate the antenna hassel, then this is for you. Not to mention the 1000's of FREE internet radio stations from all over the world.:hurah:

2. homeskillet

homeskillet Icon

Feb 3, 2004
    I have one as my bedside radio. I usually fall asleep to it on Sirius. I turn on the 3 hour sleep timer so it doesn't run all night wasting bandwidth.

3. Bohica

Bohica Cool Member

Jan 5, 2008
    I use the Squeezebox Boom from Logitech. Works great with my Sirius, and also streams from my MP3 collection on my computer. I love it.

4. VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    Thanks

I was wondering if there were other types (besides Grace) of radios available. I love being able to listen to Sirius and Internet radio away from my PC.:)

5. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    Do you only get the 4 sports channels when streaming to this like the on line listening or do you get ALL of the siriusXM channels?

6. VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    ..I'm not sure. My guess is that you can get everything you can as though you were streaming it from the Sirius website.

7. wipeout

wipeout Icon

Jul 15, 2003
    Anything like that on the market For $100 or less?

8. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    How does that work? I have wanted a home radio for Sirius XM, but as mentioned didn't like the antenna hassel.

9. VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    ...basically the radio (Grace/SqueezeBox) uses your home wireless router to access the Internet. From there you logon to your Sirius account just like you were on your PC. For Sirius you will need to upgrade or add the premium online listening. I think it was an extra $2-$3. The other part is that it also opens you up to all the stations (Commerical) that currently stream their broadcast on the Internet. Now you can listen to that radio station in your home town if you happen to live in a different part of the country. Great for sports because someone/somewhere is ususally broadcasting the game you want. Nothing that you can't already do with a PC, but you have more freedom, i.e. bedside, outdoors, garage, etc. The Sirius antenna for indoor listening is a thing of the past. From what I've seen most of these radios start at about $150. Check out Grace Digitial or the Squeezebox. There are a few more that seem to be more popular in Europe.