1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Wishes For 2012

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Chihuahua, Dec 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Chihuahua

Chihuahua Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    With the 2012 calendar year on the horizon, what are your wishes for the upcoming year---------as far as Dish Network is concerned?

2. Chihuahua

Chihuahua Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    Personally, I'd like to see the return of GOL TV, as well as the additions of BBC World News, Sky News, Comcast Sportsnet Northwest to Dish Network.

As well as adding the Big Ten Network to the A250 lineup as well as Euronews.

And of course, the Pacific-12 Network.

3. gpollock87

gpollock87 Legend

Apr 13, 2011
    FEARnet HD and WWE Network

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Comcast Phily and all NY sports channels.

5. ssmark

ssmark AllStar

May 23, 2011
    * When subscribing to PPV sports events, please have it enabled in all DVRs in my residence - NOT just on ONE of them.
    * Dishonline to work correctly.
    * Unlimited store exchanges even for BBMP
    * More movies (decent) for online streaming
    * Give more functionality when watching through sling - like see recorded DVR programs through sling. I don't think it is possible now.

6. nybill38

nybill38 AllStar

Jan 25, 2009
    In addition to what others have posted, i'd like to see RSN's in full time HD not joining games in progress with HD

7. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    Move all sports programming to an upper tier and allow anyone that wants it to pay for it.

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I thought if you order a PPV from your remote on the receiver, then you could go to another receiver on the account and order it again and Bly be charged once. Ordering online or via phone does not work this way, but a receiver connected to phone or Internet should.

I watch DVR recordings via Sling all the time already.

9. ssmark

ssmark AllStar

May 23, 2011
    I ordered World Cup cricket and I was thoroughly screwed as it was authorized on ONLY ONE receiver. I talked to DN many times, they would not do it. Even though it was supposed to non-refundable they were ready to give my money back BEFORE the event started.

There are certain other PPV events as well which apparently suffer the same fate.

Not sure what I am doing wrong (does browser matter) but through online sling remote DVR button is disabled.

10. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    HD,more HD and more HD.;):D

11. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    MLB Network ALTERNATE channel (HD and SD)

12. pfred

pfred Mentor

Feb 8, 2009
    I agree 100% :righton:

13. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Cricket is one exception to the rule of being able to order with your remote from any receiver on your account and only being charge the one time for that PPV event as long as the event number is the same.

The only browser that isn't supported for DISH Online is Chrome. Are you getting an error message when you try to sling? Is your receiver showing ONLINE or OFFLINE when you are logged into your account? Usually when the receiver shows OFFLINE, you can't see any of the DVR events. Do you have the latest software version for your receiver?

Please let me know. Thanks.

14. inazsully

inazsully Icon

Oct 3, 2006
    How about something all of us can use and appreciate, a LIGHTED REMOTE. Directv has or had one. I loved it.

15. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    I have the A250 for a long time now and have had BTN since its inception (a few years already).

16. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I would like BBC World News and CNN I.

17. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Fearnet has ad spots. I'd like some more HBO channels.

18. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    +1

19. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006

20. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    BTN is a RSN for you. The rest of the country has to have multi sports pack to receive it.