1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishing for a wireless synchronized viewing on 2nd TV with its own Hopper or Joey from 1st Hopper du

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by GregNico, Jan 23, 2014.

1. GregNico

GregNico Cool Member

May 13, 2008
    Wishing for a wireless synchronized viewing on 2nd TV with its own Hopper or Joey from 1st Hopper during Super Bowl party. I love DVR use and want both rooms to be synchronized so when the master DVR is paused both rooms pause so nothing is spoiled during the party?We end up hardwiring a duplicated HDMI or RBG cable but sure would be nice if the technology allowed it straight from the box??

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I thought you could do this with a Hopper and Joey. I don't have one to test with... but...

Can't you tune the Hopper to the channel you want to watch (in this case FOX for football)... then go to the other room and turn on the Joey, link to that Hopper, and then join the same in-use tuner that the Hopper is watching FOX.

I thought if you did that, then pausing in one room paused the other... because you were watching the same tuner. Have you tried that?

3. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    You just select the same tuner from the TV activity page and then choose Join from the options that appear.

4. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes you can do that but I believe the Joey will lag behind the Hopper so the two will not be in sync.

5. GregNico

GregNico Cool Member

May 13, 2008
    You can choose to join in on any of the sessions but it then becomes your own to control and pause and fast forward with no effect on the original or any other session. I have 2 hoopers with sling and 2 joeys and can use the dishanywhere.com app; but no solution with normal setups. It will require to physically connect 2 tvs to one Hopper. That is why I said wish list..Maybe someone From Dish will see this and add in future??

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Joining playback of a previously recorded event or joining PTAT which is a recording in progress is different than joining a live tuner. I just wanted to be sure you've definitely tried that... as I was pretty sure you could use a Joey to join a live TV tuner on a Hopper and have both be in synch and both react to the same pausing. I thought Dish even touted this as a feature at one point unless I'm mistaken.