1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wishlist without autorecord

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by georgekaplan, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgekaplan

georgekaplan New Member

May 5, 2007
    I'm looking into moving from my DirecTV Tivo 250 to the DirecTV non-tivo model involuntarily (my current unit is failing). What I most fear is losing the wishlist functionality.

From perusing this site and others, it appears that there's a claim that the wishlist is on this unit search with autorecord. I've even got a in-law who installs the machine and insists that autorecord = wishlist. But is there anyway to mimic my tivo functionality of having a long wishlist (hundreds and hundreds of film titles) NOT set to autorecord (once a week I search my wishlist and then manually decide what to record - this prevents many problems with autorecord like recording the wrong thing (e.g., the wrong version of a film) or not recording the right thing cause it's out of space).

Can this be done with the DirecTV non-tivo unit? It's my main way of using my unit, and something I really, really don't want to lose.

Thanks for you help.

2. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Welcome to te Forum...

A search list can be used to accomplish this task. Although I am not familiar with the Tivo, I may be wrong on how I am interpreting your question.

I am confident you will get an answer. However, you may want to copy this question into the thread HR20 Q&A at http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112. This particular forum does not get the traffic that the Q&A forum does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.