1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With the Launch of HD Locals ... has the O&O distant HD option been taken away??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by grooves12, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grooves12

grooves12 Godfather

Oct 27, 2005
    I live in San Jose, CA... and previously the O&O distant HD locals were available in this market. I recently upgraded to a HD DVR, and I can not get the HD distant locals, and after speaking with several reps and each one giving me a different answer... (after me having to explain THEIR options) I still have no HD Networks. I was given the option of them filing for waivers... but wasn't that the whole point of the O&O deals... that waivers weren't needed??

This is all so frustrating... it would be SOOOO much easier if they had an HD DVR capable of receiving the HD locals... but they don't so, there is really no good option. The HD distant locals would be a good stop-gap and keep me happy for a while, but it doesn't sound like that is possible anymore.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    No, not yet....

But it eill eventually go away... but certainly won't be until the have the HR20 out.

3. grooves12

grooves12 Godfather

Oct 27, 2005
    So, who is it I should be talking to, to get the distant HD locals activated?? Is there a special division that actually knows what I will be talking about... I spoke to 3 different CSR's and they were all clueless. They didn't even know HD locals were AVAILABLE let alone the rules regarding getting them activated. After several times of being put on hold and then transfer to the "Please try your call again" recording, I gave up out of frustration.

4. EricG

EricG Godfather

Mar 28, 2002
    My HR10-250 picks up my local OTA HD channels beautifully!

5. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    You want to talk to some about HD DSN Waivers

Check www.tivocommunity.com (HD Forum)..
    A few searches will result in some directv phone numbers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.