1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

wnmn-dt in vermont...

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by sticketfan, Jan 20, 2010.

1. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    just had wnmn 40-1 and 40-2 appear on my directv receivers today. came through my ota anntenna but am not getting a signal just the guide data on my receivers. anyone in vermont getting this channel?

2. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Beats me. I just entered zip 05770 at tvfool.com, with reception antenna heights of 300 and then 500 feet, and with such a tower you could get real weak signals from Montreal, Quebec (112 miles away) and Hartford Connecticut (149 miles) but no virtual or real channel 40s appeared in the tables.

3. gmd

gmd New Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Is there a reason why this station chose to isolate itself from Ottawa, Canada's 4th largest DMA?

CHOT-TV (and later DT) use channel UHF 40.

People in Ottawa can tune into WCFE, so I don't see why WNMN-DT would not come in.

-gmd