1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WNS Multiswitch, and BBC Test

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by wakajawaka, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wakajawaka

wakajawaka Godfather

Sep 27, 2006
    I was in my crawl space yesterday and noticed that my Multiswitch is a WNS brand, not the Zinwell. However I pass the BBC test on channel 499. I'm assuming I'm going to have problems receiveing the new HD content when it arrives. Am I right?

2. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Here is a link. Look at the bottom of the page.
    I don't think this will work in the near future. I will continue to look around. The specs only refer to the 3-LNB. I can't read any of the frequency ranges on the label.

http://www.wneweb.com/Satcom/satcom1.htm#bottom

3. wakajawaka

wakajawaka Godfather

Sep 27, 2006
    Yep , thats the one, I originally had the Phase III dish and then when I ordered my HR20 they put up the AT9, but didn't change the multiswitch. Just wondering why the BBC test passed? What exactly is the BBC test doing?

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "passing the test" only means it is installed and can't get a signal at this time, since there is no signal there. It really doesn't mean the switch is passing anything.
    To date, I've only heard of the Zinwell WB68 & WB616 working for the 5LNB system.

5. wakajawaka

wakajawaka Godfather

Sep 27, 2006
    Where's the cheapest place I can get a WB68? I would call DTV, but I don't really have an issue right now, and I want to be ready when the new sat goes live.

6. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I would try solidsignal.com

They seem to be reputable and are a D* authorized dealer.

7. Munkey

Munkey Cool Member

Feb 26, 2007
    I had the wrong multiswitch also. I just called them and told them I need the new one so I'd be ready when the new channels were turned on. I had no other problems at the time either. They sent someone out and installed the WB68 free of charge. Might give it.

8. tgater

tgater Godfather

Jul 24, 2007
    I would call D*, should at least send you one free of charge. I would be shure to let them know that this should have been done at the time of the upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.