1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Wobbling Satellite" Reason Given By Local DISH Rep's

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by BCMgmt, Feb 13, 2009.

1. BCMgmt

BCMgmt New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I feel like a fool, and have been at WAR with Dish for months. The local Radio Shack Dish distributor has repeatedly told me my HD reception problem is caused by a "wobbling satellite", as he points to the south sky. I need help!
    They have the larger rooftop dish pointing east towards the ground. I wish I was kidding. Anyway, I'm at $ 140/mo plus for Dish and can't take it anymore up the rear.

I have a 622 connected to an HDTV and a reg TV. I have a 612 connected to another HDTV. Lastly I have a 510 in the office/exercise room that I'd like to upgrade to link to my large HDTV computer screen and TV equipped new desktop but not lose the feed to the exercise bike. Both in same room. Sling is interesting as well but this latest software talk leaves me feeling stupid.

Outside I have two disc's, one is a 500 and the other larger with no visable
    model number. Both are wired into what looks like a huge splitter with coaxial
    connectors coming out all four sides with many still available. We live directly on Ocean so these things get rusted out and sloppy regularly because of weather, salt and high winds. Should I demand the 1000 Dish? I'm basically
    at the beginning of my Dish education and hopefully at the end of my taking Dish up the ass. Lastly, a $ 5.99/monthly charge for insurance we pay. What's it for? We think we get ALL the channels offered but local ABC is history as are all the NBA Blazer games wih the NBA package purchase. Thanks for the patience my friends. I'm all ears!!

2. Todd Nicholson

Todd Nicholson AllStar

Jan 7, 2007
    There was a wobbling satellite (E5) that affected us up here greatly. It's since been replaced as of a few weeks ago. I no longer have any issues with losing signal from the new satellite. I have two Dish 500s (one pointing to 110/119 and the other to 129).

As far as ABC, that's a contract dispute that's also affecting our local KOMO station. I see no resolution in the near future. I am currently subscribing to AAD for SD San Fransisco ABC channel. I'm far enough outside of Seattle to allow this.

3. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    The "wobbling satellite" is in the process of being replaced. A 1000.2 dish may very soon be the dish of choice there.

The dish is not really pointing at the ground even though it appears that way. It is pointing at a satellite at 61,5w.

4. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    As already mentioned the Echostar 5 bird had a defective gyro which caused it to wobble with the same effect in signal output. It had been replace by Ciel-2 so that issues hould be resolved.
    If you keep having issues ask dish for upgrade to get a 1000.2 which will be one single dish, no external switches and hence less equipment to fail.

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Indeed, Ciel-2 at 129W just came online at the beginning of this week, and has improved signal strengths greatly compared to the failing Echostar-5 which it is replacing.

The dish rep was telling the truth, but after a long wait, those problems are finally over.