1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Woo Hooooo! Genie Arrived!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by HinterXGames, Feb 4, 2014.

1. HinterXGames

HinterXGames Godfather

Dec 20, 2012
    Just wanted to share my uber excitement at the Genie I finally got upgraded to. SC went great, got a 44, which is what I wanted as I previously didn't have a CCK. I love it :D I heard it was faster, but, man the sucker moves compared to even the HR24 I had. Loved being connected (and especially the Youtube App). Was actually surprised when watching video's to the Youtube App, much better quality than when looking at it on my computer.
    --
    Just wanted to share my joy at finally getting my Genie and getting connected. I've fiddled with the on demand from the premiums for the past 2 days. I also like how in the guide it has a plus symbol on any channel that has on demand content. That is a win :D
    --
    New remote takes getting used too though ;p

2. directv newb

directv newb Mentor

Jun 24, 2012
    The Genie is such an INCREDIBLE piece of technology. I have had mine for over a year and I am still thrilled every time I turn on the t.v. I love every single thing about my Genie and the Directv OS. The Directv Genie is soooo far more advanced than anything out their it is incredible, Time Warner is still forcing their customers to use the Flintstones original Dvr :)

3. HinterXGames

HinterXGames Godfather

Dec 20, 2012
    :O Is that the DVR with a wind-crank and at any point you stop winding, it stops recording? :hurah: