1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Works Great Except For...

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by PNTR10, Mar 4, 2005.

1. PNTR10

PNTR10 Cool Member

Feb 7, 2005
    I've Had My 921 For About A Month And Have Not Experienced Any Of The Problems That I Have Been Following In The Forums, Except For One Failed Event Recording...however I Am Not Using It For An Ota Receiver , Because Where I Live I Can't Pick Up Any Hd Feeds....it Seems Like That Is Where The Most Problems Exist...however The Problem I Have With The Receiver Is That The Picture Stinks..to Me That Is The Biggest Flaw. The Sd Picture Through The Component Cables Is Dreadfull..the Edges Are Tearing And The Picture Is Very Digitized...i Am Feeding A 61" Samsung Dlp With Monster Cables...the Dvi Feed Has Exactly The Same Problem..if The Picture Stinks Than All Else Is Relative....thanks For A Place To Vent...kevin

2. AVJohnnie

AVJohnnie Icon

Jul 27, 2004
    I totally agree about the 921’s poor SD video render (HD up-conversion). If your Sammy functions like my Mitsubishi does – HD inputs are left unaltered – SD inputs are process enhanced. You’ll probably be a lot happier watching SD channels via an S-Video connection – that way your monitor can do the up-conversion (with far less artifacting.)

3. PNTR10

PNTR10 Cool Member

Feb 7, 2005
    I Agree That The S-video Picture Is Superior To Using Component Or Dvi For An Sd Channel....my 811's Picture Using The Component Output To Watch Sd Channels Is Much Better Than The 921's S-video..the 811 Does A Far Superior Job Of Up-converting..it's Also Rather Silly That To Change From An Hd To Sd Channel You Would Have To Switch The 921 To Sd Then Have To Change The Input On Your Tv... Then Remember To Switch It Back To Hd Before You Turn Off The Box.. When The 811 Does It Just Fine On It's Own...of Course The Fly In The Ointment Here Is That You Can't Record With The 811..