1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worlddirect Dish Signal Strength

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by prashp1, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prashp1

prashp1 AllStar

Jul 31, 2006
    Hello, I have the Oval dual lnbf Worlddirect dish. 101 and 95 satellite dish. In settings the signal meter for 101 location is around 91 percent and for 95 location is around 63 percent. The installer who came to my house said he only looks at 101 location and if thats 70 or higher its good for him. But since he got 91 percent he said for the 95 location 63 percent is perfect. Shouldn't the 95 location should be above 85 percent???

All of my American programming is fine. But some of the International channels has slight picture loss. And because of this storm some of my International channels are not coming at all. Should I call for antoher tech visit for 95 location?? Thanks

2. Niles

Niles New Member

Aug 26, 2006
    All "good" signals are those in the 70s and up. Anything below 70 should be looked at. I would definately demand a $0 service call claiming incomplete installation since the installer didn't bother to check your signal strength on the 95 satellite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.