1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst president in history?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Nick, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in one month. In the fair city of Detroit (Michigan) there were 35 murders in one month. That's one large American city -- about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq!

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S. history. Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to remember, it was started by terrorists well before 9/11.

Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. I think history might show Eisenhower committed the troops and Kennedy was honoring that commitment.

Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

Worst president in history? Come on!

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound at Waco. That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank and drowned Mary Jo Kopechne at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Start thinking for yourself -- don't let the media or those whiny-ass liberals brain wash you. Facts are facts.

2. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    Thank you!

3. Tom in TX

Tom in TX Icon

Jan 22, 2004
    I like that one! :lol:
    That bag of hot air should be in prison! Or maybe harness that geothermal energy and power Boston for a year!
    Tom in TX

4. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
  5. Milk_tec

Milk_tec Legend

Dec 5, 2005
    The same guy follows up the original question with this:

Request for Answer Clarification by milligan-ga on 08 Sep 2004 12:25 PDT
    I would like the actual murders in Detroit for the time stated, not an
    extrapolation of the 2003 figures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clarification of Answer by leapinglizard-ga on 08 Sep 2004 12:55 PDT
    Those figures are difficult to find, but I'm working on it. How long can you wait?

6. ClaudeR

ClaudeR Godfather

Dec 6, 2003
    Yeah, I guess that makes everything OK. It took less time to do the rediculous than to do the completely ludicris. We should all stop complaining, because history has proven it could have been worse... :(

Get a freakin clue and don't defend the insane actions by saying things have been worse. Perhaps he cannot be labeled the "worst" President in history, but I'm pretty sure he's not in the best 10 list...

7. Milk_tec

Milk_tec Legend

Dec 5, 2005
    From a historical point of view, you cant judge ANY president until at least a decade or two after he leaves office!

8. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    ditto man! Indeed, thank you Nick. Perspective is always good. The bunch of dems we have now would have probably been clamoring for us to end our alliance with Britain, and pull our troops out of Africa and open a dialog with the emperor of Japan in 1942. :D

9. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    Actually the French (go figure) started the war with Vietnam. But JFK got us in hip deep in the mire there. And another dem, Johnson, well I'm sure they don't want to mention how many casualties per day under him.

10. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    BS. The only thing good I can say about this post from Nick is that it's a good indication he's on the mend.

John

11. DonLandis

DonLandis Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    I don't know history well enough to say but in my time- and how a presidential policy directly affected me- it would be a tossup between Nixon and Carter. Nixon for being an embarrassment, aka Tricky Dickie, first had a VP Agnew resign due to racketerring corruption. Then he was directly held responsible for Watergate break in, then resigned himself. Carter for his costly attempt to bankrupt the citizens of the US with his high rate of inflation and destruction of home ownership with near 20% home mortgage rates, and a near destruction of the military with extreme low moralle, worse than Clinton years. For me, the best president was Reagan. And while a direct administration policy caused me to lose my job during Clinton admin. I used that opportunity to go home based business and beat the system! MY business thrived in spite of the government's increasing opressive policies throughout Clinton and Bush era... so far.

12. markh

markh Hall Of Fame

Mar 24, 2002
    Only counting U.S. troop deaths would be the same as only counting police officers killed on duty in Detrouit, wouldn't it? More people are killed in Iraq than just our troops. Along with you conservatives, I am concerned with our troops being in danger, but only counting police or troop deaths is only telling half the story. Even the president admitted that in his estimate about 30,000 Iraquis had been killed if I remember correctly what he said in his news conference.

13. AllieVi

AllieVi Hall Of Fame

Apr 10, 2002
    Most people have focused on the misguided war. Bush has done a lot more than that to qualify for the title. One example - his handling of foreign policy has caused the U.S. to go from being a highly respected country around the world to being loathed by many of our formerly staunch allies.

14. Terry740

Terry740 AllStar

Nov 15, 2005
    The French war was over before we ever got there except for some spoofs from the CIA. JFK only sent noncombative advisers for the south vietnamese army. Johnson was given war powers by congress after the Gulf of Tonkon incident were the North Vietnam shore battery fired on an american warship.
    It is widely believed (I think so too)now that the attack never happened and it was contrived by chickenhawks in the miitary complex .

15. Milk_tec

Milk_tec Legend

Dec 5, 2005
    Actually, it showed us who are TRUE friends are. Its their loss, not ours!

16. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    Are you saying democrats lied to the american people to get us in a shooting war - say it ain't so.....:eek2:

17. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004

Oh yes because when he took over the U.S. president before him had done so much to gain respect by getting blow jobs from a 21 year old intern in the oval office.

And ooo, lets not do anything that our "allies" might not like. Since they are such an asset to us. pulease, they are all dead weight anyway.

How much did the world respect us under Carter? If it wasn't for Reagan, we would be speaking Russian right now.

18. Eagles

Eagles Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 31, 2003
    Typical line of thought of the left. As a superpower, or as now the only true superpower in the world we will always be loathed by many lesser countries. It's basic human nature. It's called jealousy. You claim we have lost respect. I think you confuse respect with likability. I can guarantee you, many of those countries who don't like us have no choice but to respect us. If they didn't we might be speaking a different language today

19. TheBert

TheBert Registered User

Dec 9, 2004
    I am just glad we have a president that will stand up and fight back. The war on terror is better fought at the source and breeding grounds for hatered than in our cities. I think in the future He will be looked at as one of our better Presidents.

20. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Sigh.. Yes, we attacked Germany after Pearl Harbor BUT - nobody seems to remember that Hitler DECLARED WAR ON US after 12/7/45.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.