1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Worth going back to??

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by onebadmofo, May 26, 2012.

1. onebadmofo

onebadmofo AllStar

May 24, 2012
    Dropped Sirius a year ago. My deck in my H1 has bluetooth so I stream Pandora, and iTuneRadioPro for the most part. Just felt the 160 that Sirius was taking from me was a bit excessive since half the time I ride my RoadKing to work. Plus, my work is an 7 mile trek.

So, has anything changed for the better? Any discounts for returning customers?

Thanks in advance!

2. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Audio quality stinks. The playlists are shallow as the kiddie pool. And there's way too many talk channels (I'm a music guy).

But it's still WAY better than FM, and that's why I still subscribe.

3. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Since you phrased the question more as a complaint in terms of pricing as to why you left; I'm wondering why you want someone to talk you back into it to begin with.

Something worth having is justified by your likes/dislikes; not by others sentiments......

4. onebadmofo

onebadmofo AllStar

May 24, 2012
    Just trying to get some feedback to see if it's worth re-looking into...and I don't want to be talked into it. I want to hear if it's improved. Stuff like sound quality, program quality, and just general feedback is what I'm interested.

Thanks for helping out with that!:rolleyes:

5. onebadmofo

onebadmofo AllStar

May 24, 2012
    And yeah, 160 a year is a bit high IMO. Competition is tough out there. Howard Stern was cool for a few years but it's the same old Howard.

Now if I could get it for around 100-120 a month, and things have improved, I'd be interested...

6. TXD16

TXD16 Icon

Oct 29, 2008
    If you are the least bit resourceful, Sirius/XM can be had for about half the "regular" annual rate in perpetuity.

As to things being "improved," there is a Beach Boys marathon going on this weekend on the '60s on 6 channel that, among other things, reinforces my decision to remain a Sirius/XM subscriber.

7. onebadmofo

onebadmofo AllStar

May 24, 2012
    Cool thanks for the info...I'll look into it...

8. gjrhine

gjrhine Legend

May 15, 2002
    Only you know based on the packages- do the research.

9. Carolina

Carolina AllStar

Jan 19, 2012
    I have it in my car and I liked it better when it was just XM. But I agree it is better than AM/FM radio stations any day at least where I live!