1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Would I be entitled to an upgrade/

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Satchaser, May 12, 2010.

1. Satchaser

Satchaser AllStar

Sep 23, 2006
    I am currently enjoying MRV on a H21-200, HR23-700,HR20-700, and H21-100. I also have a H20-100 which does not have an internet connection thus no MRV capability. I am using LAN connections and Linksys WET610N's to the MRV connections and only want to activate MRV and NOT do a DECA istall at this time.

MY question is; If and when they allow me to activate MRV for the $3 monthly service charge will they upgrade my H20-100 to an MRV capable receiver or must I pay for an upgrade?

2. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    If you just activate MRV then they most likely won't replace your H20 for you. If you were to do the DECA upgrade then they would swap it out for an H21, H23, or H24, but it would require a new commitment (not sure if it's 1 or 2 years).

However if your H20 were to stop working, then it might be replaced with an H21, H23, or H24 for the $20 shipping fee (or for free if you have the protection plan), and that wouldn't require a new commitment. Be aware though that you could end up with another H20 if this happened (they won't guarantee what model you get).

3. Satchaser

Satchaser AllStar

Sep 23, 2006
    Thanks Beerstalker! I have talked with DirecTV Networking and MRV services and they are not sure that we will be allowed to activate MRV without DECA yet (at least I was told that). The CSR seemed to think that it will be made clear on the day of National release. She did say that we would get an on-screen message indicating that we would have to call in to get the service.

4. pstr8ahead

pstr8ahead AllStar

Mar 26, 2007
    What I heard is that you get DECAs or no MRV authorization. We'll see tomorrow.