1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would it be obvious if the wind moved my dish?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dpcv8, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpcv8

dpcv8 Cool Member

Mar 7, 2007
    I've been out of town for a few days, and I get back home and when I turn on the TV I get the old searching for satellite signal message on the tv. I have an HR-20.

it's overcast out, but nothing abnormal.

I run a test of the sat and most of the signals on the 101 are in the low 30's mid 50's with an zero or two and the odd 80.

the 110 and 119 are all low 90's.

Apparently it was very windy the past few days. I have access to the dish so I took a look at it and gave it a shake. Nothing moved when i tugged on it. If I couldn't move it I couldn't imagine the wind moving it, but who knows. If the wind did move the dish would it be noticeably loose?

I can't think of any other reason why I'd lose signal off the 101 but still have clear strong 110 and 119.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    1/32" is too much movement. Can you just look at the dish and see that small amount? Call for service.

3. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I had some large wind movement a few months ago. I experimented with very slight adjustments and got it all back to mid 90's (on most transponders). I used my neighbor's dish angle as a reference for azimuth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.