1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you buy a DirecTiVo with a DVD-recorder?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Mark Holtz, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Just as a simple question...

Would you purchase a DirecTiVo if it included a interface so that you could transfer the show to a DVD recorder? I've been noticing that some of the standalone TiVo units have DVD recorders now.

2. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    As soon as they allow for surround sound to be saved on DVD as well, yes.

I was looking at the current models, and I believe all of them only save stereo sound.

A bonus feature would be some way of croping out commercials prior to saving as well.

3. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    Yes I would. I have thought of posting this same question, as I would also like to know how well a DirecTivo with DVD recorder would sell. I use my computer with a large hard drive and DVD burner to do this exact same thing, plus I don't have to pay tivo to do it and I can record surround sound on the DVD. I really hope they make one!

4. TerryC

TerryC Icon

Jul 18, 2002
    I'd by one in a heartbeat. I don't particularly care for surround sound anyway.

5. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    I would love it. I would love it if they'd just include the USB drivers so I could install a wireless ethernet card to connect it to my computer. That would be the sweetest, then I could copy to DVD, process AC3 5.1 sound, etc.

6. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    It would also have to have better editing capabilities than the current standalone TiVo with DVD recorder. Plus, what everyone else said too!

7. buzzdalf

buzzdalf Godfather

Jan 27, 2003
    If the price was right you bet I would.

8. jpoklop

jpoklop AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    I have a stand alone dvd burner in my rack now and it is great. It also has an integrated vcr for dubbing. Soon all my old videotape will be gone.

I would consider upgrading if it recorded 5.1 stereo (I currently can not) and if I could batch record several programs. I would prefer having a way to dump the data to my p.c. instead so I can edit out commericials and create my own menus, but I doubt we will see that ability.

9. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    If it was in the hd-tivo with a blueray dvd burner... It would sell like hotcakes, although the price would be prohibative and the mpaa would be horrified.

10. jpoklop

jpoklop AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    It would be a shame if the mpaa were horrified :)

11. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    yup... it would be a shame :hurah:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.