1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Wreck-It Ralph - for old video game fans

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by dpeters11, Apr 15, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    This recently came out on video, or at least Redbox. If you're a fan of the classic games, this is a fun one. The primary characters are from fictitious games, but some old classics make appearances, including in a bad guy support group.

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Promise me you haven't gone turbo.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    This new site has had some glitches in it :)

4. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    This movie was WAY better than I expected. Saw it in the theater and was glad I spent the money.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    On a positive note, all the words in the interface are spelled right :)

I think it was cool that the companies that owned the characters played along. Apparently Nintendo was very much for Mario appearing, but the makers felt his appearance would overshadow Felix.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah... I didn't see this in theaters... I watched it within a couple of days of buying it, though. Was pleased with it. I like when they are able to pull a cross-platform cross-company character deal like this off... a lot of people have to put their egos aside to allow the main characters to overshadow their company's characters... but in the end it ends up as good press for all involved I think. I'll probably watch this again soon.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Though, I'm not sure I'll ever see the guards of the Wicked Witch in Wizard of Oz the same way. I'll replace oooeeeooo with Oreo.