1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong channels on Spanish package - help!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by El Tel, Feb 20, 2013.

1. El Tel

El Tel New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Getting nowhere with directv, on week two waiting on their technical department to fix my problem... I'm a long time troll of this board but I have never needed help, until now.

My problem.. Two weeks ago I added the Spanish ad on package.. It seemed to be authorized fine..all the channels and guide seemed correct. Them I tune to fox deportes for a soccer game and I see the discovery life channel... I try Espn deportes and I get the biography channel. All the channels are incorrect. I call direct tv and confirm my dish configuration ..thy do all the tests.. I spend an hour reviewing the configuration. They say its ok for international channels and it must be something "technical".. They say they are sure it's something they can fix on their side. After a week with no response I call back.. Same thing.. Over am hour with them.. And again..they say they will escalate to their tech dept..

What is the real problem? And what do I need to do next? I'm tired of waiting.

Thanks!

El Tel

2. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    You likely have the wrong dish. You need a Slimline 5 (or a 3-LNB Phase 3 dish if you don't have HD) to get the Spanish channels.

3. russinpa

russinpa AllStar

Aug 11, 2010
    ...or the wrong dish option is being used in your setup menu.

4. El Tel

El Tel New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Could it be anything else... I went over all the options when I had them on the phone... Test channels were ok.. Verified all the settings... They said my dish and settings were ok for international channels....

Thanks!

El Tel

5. donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005 Legend

Feb 13, 2012
    I just got the Spanish stations about 2 weeks ago. do you have any of them on your guide there should be 400 to about 460 on your channel lineup.

6. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It's not a matter of the settings, you likely have the wrong dish to receive them. If possible can you post a picture of the dish where we can see the LNBs?

What is likely happening is that you have a dish that only gets 101 (and possibly 99 and 103 if its a slimline), the receiver is configured to think that the dish can get 119 (where most of the spanish channels are). Since the transponders on 101 and 119 have similar frequencies and ids, when it looks for the frequency and id where ESPN Deportes would be on 119, it gets Bio which uses the same frequency and id on 101.

The only way to get the spanish channels in this case is to schedule an appointment to have your dish swapped with one that can get the channels on 119.

7. El Tel

El Tel New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    I'll post one in the morning... Thanks for the help... I thought I had the right dish.. But that makes sense...

Two weeks and two hours waiting on directv ... And within 30mins on this board some logical solutions to my issue...

Thanks,

El Tel

8. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    I bet you freaked some tech CSR's out. 99% of the time when you have the wrong dish but setup the dish configuration, you get a 771, just like the dish was disconnected or out of alignment. If you had the correct dish and did not have the correct programming or they did not reathorize your receivers, you would get a 721. I can only imagine those folks looking at their computers with their heads tilted to the side with the look of total bewilderment.

9. DTV101412

DTV101412 Cool Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Sounds like a It would a number of things. More likely the LNB,SWITCH,or the RX. Not getting your 22khz tone to switch to and from 119.