1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong guide data for OTA PBS

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by cummings66, Sep 21, 2007.

1. cummings66

cummings66 New Member

May 9, 2007
    I install these systems and have run into a very odd problem. For the most part every 622 I've installed has the correct guide data for OTA 6.1 and 6.2, yet this one receiver gets guide data from Florida and not Sedalia MO like all the others.

Dish is clueless and keeps saying stuff about territories and markets and that this is normal, even though I've got receivers less than 3 miles away that work and show the correct data.

What can be done to get the data right? Is there anybody in particular that I can talk to at Dish to straighten it out, after one technical report they refuse to talk to you anymore so I'm at my wits end.

2. manzelmo

manzelmo Cool Member

Apr 16, 2008
    I feel your frustration. I contacted them via email they told me not their problem. Told me I got the guide info over the air. That took 3 emails for them to say that. I hooked my TV to the OTA and got the right info on the TV. That put it back on them. Called them yesterday. Told they will look into it and I should check back with them in 48 hours. Funny that they show 3 of 4 guides all provided by the same station correctlly. The guide is also correct on the Internet, via zap2it and whatever microsoft uses for media center.

3. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Dish does not get Guide Data from OTA. Guide data comes from the Sat for OTA. When I have seen this is the past it usually is related to areas where multiple DMAs serve a particular area or the location is on a border boundary. The last one I recall was with NY and Penn and it sound very familiar to what you are describing. You mention that other installations are showing the correct info.

Can you provide some details as to what PBS channels are coming from where. Is there any others. My gut feeling is thinking that you are getting guide data from Florida for all channels because for some reason the OTA Database thinks this location is Florida and not Sedalia. Other possibility is something in the stream data is causing the confusion, but since I am not an OTA expert I don't even know if that is possible.

Not much one can do but hope enough complaints come in to gets some eyes on it in Dish.

4. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    We had this problem with one of our local stations after DISH started to provide data for our OTA stations. The information for the satellite provided station was correct. After trying for weeks to get the problem straightened out (by emailing DISH) I gave up and called the local station and got ahold of the person that supplied the data to Tribune and the other services. I let him know about the problem and he said that he would take care of it. It took a couple of weeks but he did get the problem resolved.

5. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    Searching from James Long for PSIP and ID got me to
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=121910&p=1498985
    and searching for TSID would get you a lot more references.
    I *still* can't tell you if it is KMOS sending the wrong TSID (using the Florida PBS's TSID) or DISH mapping it incorrectly. But if you phone/email the Station Engineer asking what TSID they are sending out, you might be able to get from the signal quality folks what TSID DISH expects for KMOS.