1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSJ article, dish multiroom setup?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jgarveyATL, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgarveyATL

jgarveyATL AllStar

Jun 1, 2006
    Did anyone see today's WSJ article (cover of B1 section, "Competition, Technology Enhance the DVR)? It notes that Dish has a multiroom setup. I have a 622 setup with the two outputs, but my understanding is that there isn't any true multi-box capability planned (e.g., watch content recorded on one DVR from another DVR or set top box)

Has anyone heard of any enhancements planned by dish to do this?

2. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    Like all vapor ware promises it is coming SOON!

1. name based recording on the 500 series of dvrs.
    2. external hard drive support on the 622 .
    3. native pass through resolution.
    4. L4.01 software for the 622 which will give you side by side pip
    and hd channel mapdowns.

All coming SOON! :sure:

3. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Like you said.. multi-room does not equal multi-box. As for a multi-box feature, no planned announcement has been made as far as I know. Mike pretty much laid out the road map. We have seen evidence of 4 & 2. We have not seen any evidence of 1 and 3.

The other features on the radar for the 622 is DishOnline and DishComm. Both have been mentioned as being added to the 622.

I am sure there are other feature missed, but I don't recall multi-box content sharing as being one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.