1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

X-BOX: Poised to take over your living room.

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Chris Blount, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Interesting article on The Daily today:

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/04/14/041411-apps-accesspoint-xbox-1-2/

2. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Except for the gaming aspect of the Xbox, I can do most of that now with my actual panel- Samsung with Apps (Smart TV). Zune content isn't anything one really needs. There are lots of 'poised' devices because it a software and content issue. So there are lots of Xboxes (Xboxi?) out there, what do they have that will KEEP them at the top?

I will say this, I LOVED my original Xbox which we modded around 2003 or 2004 or so, and I used it regularly to stream video through 2010. Now that was a great device (thanks, Bill)!

3. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    i use my xbox360 more for watching tv than playing games. I have 4 games, all purchased used from a neighbor that was headed to trade them in at gamestop. paid about $10 for them.

anyway, we use the xbox to watch live and recorded tv through windows media center, as well as movies on the media center HDD, listen to music, look at my wife's newest pictures, listen to FM radio, etc. . . etc. . . .

i love the ESPN app; patiently waiting for hulu.