1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

'X-Files' creator's Amazon pilot gets the green light, the truth is out there and streaming in early

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by Athlon646464, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    'X-Files' creator's Amazon pilot gets the green light, the truth is out there and streaming in early 2014

How's this for a pitch? "[T]his is a show that explores human frailty, possibility, terror and the triumph of the human spirit." Chris Carter likes to keep the things he's working on mysterious. The X-Files creator is a superstitious guy, apparently. Amazon's description of the forthcoming one-hour pilot is a bit more more helpful than Carter's -- but only a bit.

"The After follows eight strangers who are thrown together by mysterious forces and must help each other survive in a violent world that defies explanation." Sure it defies explanation, but it couldn't hurt to try, right?

Full Story Here
    [​IMG]

2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Just finish watching the plot for The After and Bosch on Amazon Instant video. I like them both and since amazon indicated that they most likely only pick up one of five plot I gave Bosch the highest rating possible and The After one tick lower.

3. Reaper

Reaper Godfather

Jul 30, 2008
    I watched The After and gave it 4/5 stars. I thought it was a little slow to develop. I also thought it far fetched that two people with such heavy accents would be part of such a small group of people unexpectedly thrown together. I though the ending had a great hook though.

I also watched The Rebels, a comedy centered around a pro football team. This one I enjoyed a lot and gave it 5/5 stars.