1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

X1 Platform

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by cypherx, May 17, 2013.

1. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Anyone using the X1 Platform? I saw a commercial for it on TV last night. It's pretty slick. There's 6 tuners in the box, only 5 are active now. So you can record 4 things and watch a 5th. Rumor is that the 6th tuner might be reserved for transcoding live TV in real time for other devices... but that's yet to be confirmed.

The UI looks really fluid. Very smooth and quick between screens. From YouTube video reviews, it seems to be kind of Apple like in how it navigates around the menu's. It appears to be the most advanced DVR / On screen operating system from any TV provider right now.

Just check the various search results on Xfinity X1 on YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xfinity+x1&oq=xfinity+x1&gs_l=youtube.3..0l6j0i5.1844.3830.0.4928.12.8.1.3.3.1.193.713.5j3.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.I3BMZNF4YXs

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    why new customs only and why must you buy phone as well?

Also needs multi room