1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox or GameCube or Playstation2?

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by -, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

I am seriously thinking about buying a new game system for Christmas. Any gamers out there? What system would you buy?

2. Guest

I want a GameCube. It's faster and cheaper and has a game lineup as good as the PS2. It's got a better game lineup and is cheaper than the Xbox. And Xbox is Microsoft. Think about all the problems in Windows. And in the DISHPlayer.

3. Guest

I am thoroughly enjoying my Playstation 2. Don't have any reason to get any other game system. I don't spend alot of time on playing games so buying into another type of game system like X-box would be a waste of money.

4. Guest

I saw the X Box last night at the local Toys R Us they were just setting it up. Boy this box is BIG it does not look like a Video Game machine at all thats how big it is.

But Madden 2002 looks so real that I may have to get one of those babies.

Scott

5. Guest

Im not a big time gammer. I have 2 PC games and I have an old Sega Genesis system that I play ocasionally. The only games I play are Mortal Kombat 1&3. ( I was never able to find MK 2) and Road Rash (all 3 for Sega and 1 for PC) I would like to get some 1st person shooter games or Diablo or something to test my graphics card out. From what I hear I like , PS2 but I hardly ever play video games.

Steve

6. Guest

I thought the Gamecube was a step below both the PS2 and the X-box, technology speaking anyway.

I admit though, that Nintendo has the lock on available games and franchises. Oh, there's tons of games for PS and PS2, but Nintendo seems to have that 'cuteness' factor that my daughter would rather have over both PS2 and the Xbox. I'm leaning toward the Xbox myself.

Anyone heard of a price decrease for PS2? I can't imagine that with the GameCube coming out at 199, and the Xbox at 299, that the PS2 will stay at 299 for much longer. Wishful thinking?

7. Guest

No, the GameCube is a much better platform (technology-wise) than PS2 and at least equal, if not greater than X-box. It also has more kids games and more fun games, but less violent junk:) It can't, however, play movies, but this is because Nintendo used a custom disc, instead of standard DVDs (on the plus side the custom discs are tiny:) . The only disadvantage to the GameCube is it's custom disc holds "only" 1.5GB. It will be a LONG time before games even dream of reaching this however, as it's 3 CDs!

8. Guest

ALL OF YOU WHO PICK PS2 OR GAMECUBE ARE THE DUMBEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER HEARD OF. MY FRIEND HAS GAMECUBE AND AFTER 1 WEEK THE GAMES FOR IT ARE DUMB, SO HE SOLD IT AND BOUGHT AND XBOX AND NEVER SOLD IT BECUASE IT IS SO GREAT. anD IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY GAMECUBE BECAUSE IS HAS SSBM, YOU ARE SO DUMB I CAN'T EVEN BELIVE. PLEASE TAKE IT FROM A GAMER THAT HAS HAD ATARI AND ALL INBETWEEN AND NOW XBOX. THE XBOX IS SUCH A GREAT SYSTEM. PLUS SSBM GETS REALLY STUPID AFTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS OF PLAY. AND PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT THE XBOX CONTROLLORS ARE TO BIG. THEY ARE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT FOR LITTLE KIDS, THEY ARE FOR MATURE PEOPLE. THEN YOU SAY THAT THE DVD PLAYBACK KIT IS TOO MUCH. IT IS ONLY 30$, I MEAN COMON IF YOU CAN BUY AN XBOX YOU CAN BUY SONTHING FOR 30$. tHEN YOU ARE SAYING THAT THE GAmes suck. i can't belive how dumb you are ALSO!!!! HELLO PEOPLE IT HAS: HALO, PROJECT GOTHAM RACING, ODDWORLD, AMPED SNOWBORDING, 4X4 EVO 2, BLOODWAKE, NFL FEVER, NFL BLITZ 2002, RICKY CARMICHEL MX RACING, ALL OF THE STARWARS GAMES, DOA3, TEST DRIVE, TEST DRIVE OFF ROAD. AND THOSE GAMES THAT PS2 HAS XBOX WILL HAVE AND MORE. AND PS2 DOSENT EVEN HAVE FOUR CONTOLLOR SLOTS, SO THEN YOU NEED TO BUY AN ADAPTER FOR 40$ SO YOU CAN PLAY WITH FRIENDS (IF YOU HAVE ANY LOL). THEN YOU NEED TO BUY A MEMORY CARD EVERY WEEK TO ACCTURLY SAVE YOUR DAMN GAMES, WHILE XBOX HAS A 50,000+ BLOCK HARDRIVE. BUT WAIT THERES MORE!! EVERYONE THAT HAS PS2 WONT GET XBOX BECUASE YOU ARE AFRAID OF CHANGE. PLEASE BELIVE ME SELL PS2 OR GAMECUBE AND GET AN XBOX YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. I HAVE HAD ONE SINCE DEBUTE AND IT HAS BEEN THE FUNNEST THING I HAVE EVER HAD. AND ALSO PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT XBOX IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER YOUR LIVING ROOM, WELL.......... YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT IT IS!!!!!!! IT HAS CD/MP3/GAME/DVD/BEST THING EVER MADE ALL IN ONE. THEN PEOPLE ARE PISSED BECAUSE MICROSOFT MADE IT, WELL................ MICROSOFT HAS SO MUCH MONEY TO BACK IT UP THE CAN BUY ANYGAME FOR IT AND ANY COMPANY AND ANY THING!!!!!!!! WELL GOT TO GO HAVE TO PLAY SOME MORE HALO BABYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Guest

This message has been brought to you by Bill Gates:eek:

10. Guest

I would of thought that someone brought to us by Bill Gates would at least have a CAPS LOCK button on their keyboard (and know how to use it!)

I now have all 3 game systems, Playstation 2 (which is mounted in my truck) XBOX which is hooked up to my HD set in the living room and Gamecube which is hooked up in my sons room.

The XBOX is my favorite, Playstation 2 comes in second and Gamecuber comes in 3rd. My 8 year old is bored of the game cube games already.

The gamecube would have been better if they had a cartidge slot so that folks could play their old N64 games. in my sons room he now has 3 video games hooked to one tv (He has Gamecube, Nintendo 64 and a Playstation)

I like the gameplay and graphics on the XBOX better then the playstation 2 however Playstation 2 has one big edge in that it can play all the old Playstation games we have in our collection. The big downside of the Playsation 2 is that it is mounted in my truck, we did this because we have a large playstation game collection that my son loves to play, I had a 7 inch TV mounted on the roof of my truck so he could play games in the truck, we chose the Playstation 2 in the truck as it also played DVD's which my wife likes to watch when we go on long road trips. (we also have a nintendo 64 in the truck)

I almost purchased an XM radio today for the but held off against it for now. I want to get a flat mount dish and put a Dish Network reciever in my truck, now that would be cool. (My wife is HIGHLY against this!) hehe

Scott

11. Guest

The Bill Gates Variety Hour was brought to you by Madonna and yours truly, Microhard. Buy a XBox today or else we will bombard your TV screen tonight by visions of floating people and that wonderful theme of ours 'Ray Of Light'.

Note by this writer: With all the yelling by Billy Gates here in this thread, I would have thought that Robert Montgomery Knight was the speaker instead.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming!

"Everybody Loves Charlie"

:D

12. Guest

"I now have all 3 game systems, Playstation 2 (which is mounted in my truck)..."

And people think that cells phones in vehicles are bad! :)

13. Guest

The Playstation 2 is mounted under the back seat. The TV flips down from the roof of the truck and I cant see it when I am driving (you must be in the back seat to see it)

The audio is wired in to my car stereo (The audio from the Playstation2 is in Stereo as well!)

If I dont want to hear sounds of Crash Bandicot the kids can put on wireless headphones and I can listen to whatever I want on my radio.

Sure keeps my 8 year old quiet on long trips. :D

Scott

14. Guest

Of course, I was being facetious.

Because a war injury affects my coordination (not to mention my spelling), I am not much a a player of action/arcade games. I prefer strategy and games wher one has time to think rather than those which operate at the spinal level.

Nonetheless, some of the graphics on these machines are awesome. when my grandkids get to be old enough to play them, I'll probably install one for them to use when they visit.

15. Guest

OK.I'll be honest from wut i have played the xbox is better then PS2 in most ways.I have a PS2 cuz i couldnt find an xbox.i hate to admit this but xbox is better.i went to target and all 3 systems (PS2,XBOX, and Gamecube) were right next to each otha.I first started with XBOX and that second i could tell it was better than PS2.Bu not big time.then i played the GC and it was the same as PS2.Then (since i've played PS2 considerin i got it) i analyzed all 3 systems.Graphic wise (which most people use to judge it goes 1-XBOX then for 2-PS2 and GC tie.Then convenience wise it goes 1-XBOX then 2-PS2 then 3-GC.this has been totally honest and i hate to admit to this buti just want u other people to know wutever u buy it is worth ur money they r all great systems.Play On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Guest

Odd how there's so many immature Xbox lovers, huh? Go to the Xbox Usenet group and see guys like that above all over the place. And ya know what, I got a GameCube - and it's AWESOME!

17. Guest

HEY... why don't you upgrade/buy a computer... there better anyways, but if you must... i think both xbox and gamecube are generally the same just there games are different..... Sure they have different hardware types but really the games have same graphics... quality... sound on both since when people make games for a console they dont have to worry about consoles having different hardware parts like computers, they can just program a game that will directly run of a consoles hardware while computers have to have drivers to connect windows and the comps hardware which the games then have to utilize. Try games for all the consoles and if you like games for a certain console more than the other then get that console...

18. Guest

Look. I like Gamecube and Playstation and Xbox about equal. What I think is really sad is how people are turning on each other just because of their choice in video games. I mean, seriously, you have people saying others are stupid because they buy a Gamecube instead of an Xbox or vise-versa. Who cares what brand it is! IT'S JUST A VIDEO GAME!!!! Now what I want to know (and I'm not applying one console is better than another!!!) is if Super Smash Bros. Melee is better than the origonal. Just forget all the "Playstation is better than Xbox!" crap and write me your opinion.

19. Guest

I LOVE THE XBOX!!!!!!!!! I TRIED OUT ALL THREE SYSTEMS AT SEARS. I PLAYED SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE(GC) AMPED(XBOX) AND DARK CLOUD(PS2). MELEE SUCKS DONKEY B**LS. IT LOOKED LIKE N64! ON GAMECUBE YOU CANT WATCH DVDS. SO ITS DONE. PS2 IS "OK". ITS OLD... IN 5 MONTHS IT WILL BE A THING OF THE PAST.NOW XBOX KICKS A**!!!!!!!!! IF YOU HAVE PC GAMES ITLL PLAY EM, YOU HAVE CDS OR MP3S ITLL PLY EM TOO. DONT FORGET IT PLAYS DVDS. IF YOUR SHOPPING FOR A CONSOLE, XBOX SHOUD BE YOUR CHOICE.

20. Guest

ALL MY FRIENDS SAY PS2 IS THE BEST, SCREW THEM! XBOX KICKS ALL THE OTHER CONSOLES c****!! XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Admin Note- Please refrain from using inappropriate language. Thanks, Steve]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.