1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XM on DirecTV - a happy thought

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jfalkingham, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Godfather

Dec 6, 2005
    Ok - I have to admit, I was an XM hater on DirecTV. I loved having MusicChoice on in the background with no talk and work through the day. So, as much bitchin' that I did, I thought it only right to post some praise.

I have noticed a considerable decrease of talk between the songs on a few channels that I listen to, 814 Highway 16 you can hear 5 sometimes 6 songs in a row without as much as a prompt and they NEVER talk over the music (which is a lot more than I can say for my Sirius). They still do the behind the music stuff or exclusive interviews, but those happen outside of the work day.

Anyway, like I said, I complained along with a lot of other people when the switch first happened, but from my perspecitve it seems as though XM & DirecTV has listened to some of their customers and changed a bit to make it more about music (at least on the channels I listen to) and less about talking between every song.

From a 4 year Sirius subscriber - Good Job!

btw - I still will not subscribe to XM though, I've got my news stations back on Sirius and my motorsports are coming next year :)

2. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Legend

Apr 28, 2005
    I'm not happy with XM since they don't have a Blues station like Music Choice did XM has Jazz & Blues on the same channel, They have nothing in common.

3. kc1ih

kc1ih Legend

May 22, 2004
    Hudson, FL
    Huh? What do ya call Bluestown?

4. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    music choice is ok but i like xm better :)

5. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Bluesville channel 854 on DirecTV, 74 on XM.

6. Joe C

Joe C Godfather

Mar 2, 2005
    Try listening to the sixties channel, that Randy motor mouth guy never shuts up:rolleyes:

7. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    The Sixties channel is the worst of channels for talk. They are simulating a 60s radio station (which shows how far we've come.) I can remember recording off the air in the 60s and it was always song/talk/song/talk/talk/song/talk. The DJ started talking before the song ended and didn't stop before the next song started.

All of the other channels are much better.

8. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Actually it's Terry 'Motormouth' Young, one of the best DJs XM has.

9. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002

hes the only guy i listen to on the 60s on 6

does he still say see ya later debbie slater he uesd to say that back in philly :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.