1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Xtra Package Gone

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sdpadres, Oct 9, 2013.

1. sdpadres

sdpadres Mentor

Sep 7, 2004
    Did Directv eliminate the Extra package? Your options go from Choice to Ultimate.

2. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    It shows up for me, right between Choice and Ultimate. Did you remember to log out first so you can see all the packages?

3. brewerT

brewerT New Member

Oct 9, 2013
    ChoiceExtra is missing from the new subscriber page on the DTV website. The Family package is now listed as an available package for $29. The Family package is not worth $29.
    Comcast offers an Economy Package for $29 that includes :
    AMC, A&E, CNN, CARTOON NETWORK, COMEDY CENTRAL, FOX NEWS, ANIMAL PLANET, DISNEY, USA, DISCOVERY, HISTORY, LIFETIME, E!, FOOD NETWORK, TRUTV, TV LAND, + other channels

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I am not signed in. Currently using the Premier Package.
    The listings I see are:
    Family, Entertainment, Choice, Ultimate and Premiere
    50 140 150 225 285

Edit: Now I am logged in and it shows,
    Entertainment, Choice, Extra, Ultimate and Premiere
    140 150 205 225 285

Strange !

5. sdpadres

sdpadres Mentor

Sep 7, 2004
    Just exchanged IM's with DirecTV. For new subscribers, the Extra package is no longer available as of today.

6. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    WOW! So nothing in between Choice and Ult? That sucks, I thought xtra kinda beat the package tiers Dish had.

7. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    Weird, it depends on what zip code you put in as to whether Extra shows up under packages. I cleared the cookies and put in the zip code for Hollywood, CA and it did NOT show Extra as an available package. I cleared the cookies again and put in my zip code in the Midwest and it DID show Extra. Could it be that Extra is being phased out by area???

8. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    Thats strange because i got a mailer from directv which has the xtra package for $29.99 a month and i live in southern california and the offer is good until october 14!

9. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    It's interesting that DTV is "bringing back" the Family Package-a totally WORTHLESS waste of money IMHO (unless you have kids). I also noticed that the new DTV glossy flyers with the newspaper list Family as $24.95 for new subs but point out that you can't get a free Genie with that package. I think with everyone tightening their belts and abandoning cable, both DISH and DTV are highlighting their most inexpensive package in advertising. (DISH is still pushing some package for $19.95 with free HD for life). I would assume it is also a waste of money like Family.