1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Yahoo mail down

Discussion in 'The OT' started by armophob, Dec 11, 2013.

1. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Anyone else having trouble accessing their Yahoo mail account?
    I can tell by the posts online I am not the only one who has been down for 2 days now.
    Just kind of strange that this is not bigger news online or in the media.

2. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
  3. armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    That is what I am reading. Some people can access their accounts and others can't using the same computers.

Now they have changed the message to this;

[​IMG]
    Mail Home - Help

Scheduled Maintenance
    We are undertaking some essential, but extensive maintenance to improve Yahoo! Mail. During the maintenance period, some users may experience problems accessing Yahoo! Mail.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Your account is in great shape and we are working to have it available again as quickly as possible.

Yahoo! Mail Team

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    That's the message I've been getting for the past two days. Yahoo needs to get it's act together. :down:

5. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I Agree they need to provide the service You are paying all that money for. :)
    And issue a refund for the time it is unavailable.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I use the FREE version and it is and has been up all the time.
    I wonder if it is only the paid version that is having a problem ?

7. dualsub2006

dualsub2006 Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    You're sure right about that. The folks that pay money for Yahoo Mail (I have two such people in my life) are asking for refunds or credits.

Going by what Yahoo has done in similar situations in the past, they'll get a credit.

8. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I've been using the free version and as I reported in post #4 it's been down for two days! In addition to that those who use Internet Explorer 11 can no longer use Adobe Flash Player and the Quote feature here on DBSTalk. Murphy's Law seems to be the order of the day.

9. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    From the warnings in another thread here I have blocked my machines from upgrading to IE11.

10. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    I use Google mail (via Google Apps) instead of email. As far as the outside world is concerned, I have my own domain name (several, in fact). So, if my email provider was down for more than several hours, I would be switching the MX settings and using another mail service. Unfortunately, nobody emails me anymore, so mail isn't critical.

That's what bothers me with a lot of small businesses. You see their business cards with @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, and @hotmail.com e-mail addresses. This has me questioning if they are serious businesses. Spend the $10-$15 to register a domain name to show me you are serious about your business.

11. armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Yea, free version here and I am using FF. But it is the same from any computer and browser.

12. armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Since Yahoo is being so tight lipped about the whole thing, it is only the responsible thing to jump right to the conclusion that they have been the victim of a cyber attack and all of our personal information has been stolen.

13. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Always the Eternal Optimist aren't You.

14. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Downloading via POP3 (into Outlook2010) is having issues (using Paid Yahoo mail). I CAN access using FF web mail..

15. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    There are two possible problems with your Yahoo Mail depending. There is this issue:

Obviously if this is your problem, there's nothing you can do. I have had no problem with my "free" email. However....

Yesterday using Thunderbird (I won't allow Outlook on my computers) I couldn't send email and just before 10 am PST this morning,I quit receiving email until I complied with the following:

Perhaps this will be of some help to some here.

16. armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Thanks phrelin,

Mine is back up now.

In all of the unread 100+ emails, not one from Yahoo explaining the interruption.

I just love this from your clip.
    "We’ll post updates on our @YahooMail Twitter handle."
    I am so sick of the assumptions companies make that the entire world uses Facebook and twitter.

17. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Uh, isn't this the type of change that should be communicated to the customer around 30 days prior to the change, with a transition period?

18. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Thanks PHrelin - I'm back up after setting Outlook to use Encryption.

19. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I'd settle for a couple days notice.

20. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    What's a Facebook / Twitter, Oh wait those are things I do not use!