1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YES channel problem?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by lenjack, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lenjack

lenjack Cool Member

Nov 14, 2006
    I have an H20-100 and an at9 5lnb antenna. My package is supposed to include the YES network. Most times it come in, but during the Yankee games and Yankeeography, it goes black and says "not available in your area".

I live in Southcentral PA so I'm not in an area that should be "blacked out" of games. Any ideas? I'd like to get the games. Do I need to pay an added fee for this? I'm not interested in the other games.

Thanks.

2. lewah33

lewah33 AllStar

Nov 2, 2006
    its prob because you aren't in the Yankess home territory. You will likely need to puchase MLB Extra Innings.

3. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    If YES is considered one of your local sports stations, you should get the Yankees. Do you have the Mets' games?

4. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    YES Network has a smaller home territory than most people think. And if you are out that specific range of zipcodes, you will not get stuff like New York Yankees Encore games (replays), Yankeeography, Yankees Classics, Yankees Magazine, and This Week in Baseball.

5. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    lenjack, what do you mean the YES network is supposed to be in your package? You mean you got the Sportspak? If so, the professional sports will all be blacked out. You have to get Extra Innings (or the other packages for the corresponding sports) to get those.

I doubt that south central PA is YES territory. What town or zip code? You can go to this link http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004 and put in your zip code to see what you would get without those subscriptions.

Edit: I saw from another thread that you are in Harrisburg. Harrisburg gets the Orioles, Nationals and Pirates in baseball. For the Yankees, you will need Extra Innings. You should get most of their games with the only possible blackouts being when the play the Orioles but you would get them on the Orioles station (MASN).

In other sports, you get the Penquins, Capitals and DC United.

6. lenjack

lenjack Cool Member

Nov 14, 2006
    I do get Yankee magazine, and Encore games, but tje games are blacked out.

7. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Actually Yankees Classics are not blacked out. At least Ive never seen one blacked out in Ohio.

8. HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    north east pa
    I Live In N.e. Pa. Yes In Hd Good Pic All Games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.