1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YES Interactive only on DIRECTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dlw283, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlw283

dlw283 Mentor

Dec 2, 2006
    I have seen the news items on this, and they sound great. Does anyone know how this works yet. (This should probably be moved to another area...but I wanted the HR20 community to have a hook).

2. DaHound

DaHound Legend

Nov 20, 2006
    I played with it a little this weekend. There's an area at the bottom of the screen to click on the red or (I think green button) to get a small menu. When it appears there's options to look at stats, standings, etc. Can't remember all, but there were about 6 options. Pretty cool.

3. dlw283

dlw283 Mentor

Dec 2, 2006
    Thanks for the info. I have not seen this, but I am watching YESHD. From some of my readings, it may not be available on the HD channel. I just wanted to know what to look for!

I will try checking for it on the other channels ;)

4. Italfra1

Italfra1 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    I was checking it out last night during the Yankees game on MLB Ch 740. Look for the little pop up in the lower left hand corner of the screen. I believe you press your red button for menu and green to clear it. Once your menu pops up you can choose from a bunch of windows to open. It's a pretty neat feature. I've seen it on a few other MLB channels also.

I noticed that it had a few bugs in it. The stats they would be showing wouldn't always be accurate with the person that was at bat. And also when you hit clear to close the menu window the only way you could get back into it was if you changed the channel then went back to the interactive channel and hit menu again. Beside those things it tells you alot of information very quickly.

5. chopperjc

chopperjc Godfather

Oct 2, 2006
    It is cool except it does take forever to load and the info is behind as much as 3-4 minutes in some cases. This is great for fantasy league people. They still have some work to do though.

6. Darwynz

Darwynz AllStar

Feb 8, 2007
    I can get it on the SD but not the HD.... features are cool, BUT not cooler then HD.. why would they do such a thing?

7. khutch

khutch New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    I agree. The interactive stuff is cool. I especially like the "bonus cam". I was watching the pre-game show (I think it's called something like "batting practice today") and while they were in the studio, the bonus cam showed live batting practice. While I'll admit that batting practice is not all that riveting, it's still pretty cool.

HOWEVER, once the game started, I immediately flipped to HD. I'll take non-interactive HD over all the bonus stuff on the crappy SD channel any day.

Why isn't interactive on HD? Does anybody actually know?

8. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.