1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YES Network On Dish ???

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by rbaggio00, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbaggio00

rbaggio00 Cool Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Hey guys i now its been a while(5 years) and still no YES netork on Dish is this something that will never happen or should i hold out some hope that i will show up one day...

2. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    probably will happen one day......................

the day the two companies MERGE into one!!! :lol:

3. rbaggio00

rbaggio00 Cool Member

Mar 22, 2007
    yeah thats what im thinking, i still cant understand why they cant get this deal done

4. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    George thinks I and every other dish sub should have to pay so that you can watch the channel. Charlie says no way! Plan and simple, Charlie's right, George is wrong!

5. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    Far as I can remember, DirecTV did NOT raise its rates when it added YES. Same with Cablevision. In fact, that is why it is NOT on DISH - but its just the opporsite of what you said. George wanted it INCLUDED in the base tier, Charlie INSISTED it would be a premium channel - that was the impasse.

This stance has cost DISH dearly in the New york tri-state market. It is on balance (since every other provider has YES) a very poor business decision IMO.

6. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    It has hurt them so bad, their subs continue to go up over a million a year, they continue to turn a profit, and Dish stock continues to rise (over $44 per share at close today).

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Didn't they raise the prices the next March? Neither system raises rates in the middle of the year, regardless of program additions ... such expensive additions as YES affect the bottom line. That affects the annual price increase.

Be glad that D* gaves a lower increase to existing subs this year ... new subs are paying $5 more for Choice and Choice Xtra than subs paid for Total Choice and TC Plus last year ... seems like a $5 rate increase to me. (Existing subs got a $3 bump unless they were on TC Platinum.)

Yes' demands are also less of an issue on D* since only the Family Pack customers subscribe to a service that doesn't include their own RSNs. There is no AT100 (formerly AT60) level package. If E* dropped AT100 then the extra demand of forcing everyone to buy YES would be moot.

8. rockstx

rockstx Mentor

Jan 18, 2007
    very simple...Charlie is not a Yankee fan:D

9. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    Actually, they wouldn't have to drop AT100, they would just have to price AT100 @ 34.99 and include the RSN. They just make that extra $5 an option at this point. And btw, don't give them any ideas--I like AT100 just the way it is! :D

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    In effect, dropping AT100 and renaming AT100 Plus. :)

Not worth it for one RSN that E* has survived without.

11. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    Agreed. FWIW, I've never even heard of YES.

12. rbaggio00

rbaggio00 Cool Member

Mar 22, 2007
    It's not about the money, sometimes you just have to suck it up and do what you customers want.im sure there are channels on dish that no one watches and his crying about paying for YES, Im not a yankee fan at all but i still would like to get the channel so i can watch them when ever the METS are not playing.

13. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    If YES was a priority, did you not check Dish's channel lineup before signing up to make sure they had it? And if you did, why did you choose E* in spite of that fact?

14. Aransay

Aransay Icon

Jun 19, 2006
    iahte yaneks as a team but wodulove to se yes an masn added to dish
    in mycase iwoudel rpefer mavstv ans etana prot otyc sprots(diretvahs t)

15. bacchus101

bacchus101 AllStar

Nov 17, 2006
    No - YES. YES - NESN.

16. Radner

Radner Cool Member

Oct 24, 2005
    I'd venture to say that you are in the minority in those E* customers that want YES. So why should they "suck it up and do what you customers want".

17. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    I would completely concur, but it's that NY mentality. We are NY so the rest of the US should do what we say cause we have the biggest city...;) :rolleyes:

18. uroberto

uroberto Cool Member

Dec 10, 2004
    Cablevision did raise rates by $1 when they added YES. Dish doesn't want to pay YES is asking.

19. Hound

Hound Icon

Mar 20, 2005
    Baseball is a fraternity, we do not make fun of fans from other teams. Multi video
    providers should not pick and choose which teams they are going to broadcast.
    A multi video provider is either going to broadcast all baseball (Yankees) and basketball teams (Nets) or the multi video provider is not going to broadcast
    baseball and basketball. Dish is the only multi video provider in the NY, NJ, CT
    and PA region that does not provide YES. YES is the number one regional sports
    network in the United States.

My favorite teams are the Phillies and Sixers, but I like getting YES, as well as Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia from Verizon. YES is a niche that Dish has decided not to play in. When you sign up with a multi video provider, the first order of business is to make sure that you are getting the channels that you require, or do not sign up.

20. Aransay

Aransay Icon

Jun 19, 2006
    i jsut want tos e yankes losoe games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.