1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes suing Cablevision

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Tom_S, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom_S

Tom_S Icon

Apr 9, 2002
  2. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Unforunately the only people loosing in this entire war is the Yankee fans.

Baseball is no longer about the game or the fans, its about the money. Baseball is the American Past time whos time has past.

3. Kevin

Kevin Icon/Supporter

Mar 26, 2002
    The hell with YES. Cablevision too. Even though I'm a Yankee fan, I'm glad that Dish is standing their ground by not appeasing that fool Steinbrenner. He's more stubborn than trying to move a 3-ton elephant with a broken leg.

4. markh

markh Hall Of Fame

Mar 24, 2002
    Amazing leap in logic by Hindery. Because David Boies is representing YES and Boies is involved in the Microsoft antitrust lawsuit, therefore this is an antitrust suit, not a contract dispute. Wow.

5. pmichael

pmichael Legend

Mar 25, 2002
    The battle between Cablevision and YES gets more absurd with each passing day. I guess I can start the Watch the Grass Grow channel and sue program distributors when they decide not to carry it.

6. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    I honestly don't want Dish Network to add YES if it means that my rates are gonna go up. A rather small percentage of customers would be getting it, and yet a large percentage of customers would probably end up making up the difference in cost.

7. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    A $72 million lawsuit for not carrying a channel. HUH?!?!?

Okay, show me in the constitution that we have a right to any channel. I can understand when the multi-channel providers are required to carry channel B in order to carry the desired channel A, but that's contract law. Cablevision just said No.

Professional sports players AND professional sports owners -- unfair to fans!

8. May 1, 2002 #8 of 10
    jegrant

jegrant Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    Cablevision should just make the same offer to YES that E* did. We'll give you an ala carte channel and you set the price and keep the money.

That way, at least it won't substantially affect rates for those who choose "to respectfully decline the invitation to the hallucination", or "BAH!" as Dogbert would put it. ;)

9. May 1, 2002 #9 of 10
    Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Cablevision DID make the a'la carte channel, and YES said no-we want potential eyeballs.

10. jegrant

jegrant Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh, never mind.

Then it's the same situation, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.