1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another reason we need superstations or...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by IndyMichael, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    a national WB and UPN station. I sent an email to my local WB network as I had tivo'd the first Beauty and the Geek show . When we went to watch it, it was an hour of a basketball game instead. I asked if they had any plans to rerun it and below is the reply I got.

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Thats the way stuff like that is handled at almost every single local affiliate that also has the local sports broadcast contract....We have that problem on UPN in NE Ohio and the Cavs, as well as NBC with the Browns on occasion, they did that with a series premiere a few years back, anyone remember Lyon's Den...they showed it at like 1:35 in the morning....this could happen on any local network, something that superstations cannot fix...

3. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004

Having a superstation package would help by having an alternative WB station when the local one pre-empts primetime shows. In Chicago, WGN pre-empts programming due to Chicago Bulls basketball sometimes and airs the shows late. That is why I have WPIX New York as well. WPIX usually doesn't ever pre-empt WB programs.

4. News Junky

News Junky Icon

Mar 16, 2005
    This in the the D* topics and not E*. Is there any indication that D* is negotiating to bring their subscribers Superstations? I'd be thrilled.

5. MSoper72

MSoper72 Godfather

Jun 18, 2004
    I would not get your hopes up. I've seen how D* handles superstations. Their answer is like the credit card commercials. No.

Plus, for most that do not have a local WB or UPN. You are SOL. Cause D* policy to receive it. Is that they are providing lil or by ota.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.