1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You might not have noticed...*

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Newshawk, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    while feasting your eyes on all the new national HD channels that D* has provided, that they had quietly slipped in a new local station to an existing HD LiL market. Was it one of the LIN stations, signaling a thaw in the cold war between them and virtually everyone else? Was it a PBS station, indicating that they may have seen the light about subchannels? Or was it something we didn't expect?

As of, I believe, October 10th, Sacramento's MyNetwork TV station, KQCA 58, is now carried by D*. This means that Sacramento is the first HD LiL market in the country to have all six commercial networks provided in HD by D*. Is this the start of a trend? We can only watch and hope...

(*With apologies to Mario Orazio, the "Masked Engineer" from TVTechnology magazine. Mario is the pseudonym of an TV station chief engineer that writes a monthly column for the magazine.)

2. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    Now to get that here in Tulsa!!

3. Baldmaga

Baldmaga Godfather

Sep 1, 2007
    Now to get any channel here in lafayette :(

4. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Now WOOD-TV LIN's owned NBC in Grand Rapids, MI needs a deal. Git er done!

5. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I'm not in lafayette, but I have the same problem you do :(

6. betterdan

betterdan Icon

May 22, 2007
    Hampton Roads area of Virginia continues to wait for HD locals...

7. NorfolkBruh

NorfolkBruh Legend

Jun 9, 2007
    Tell it dan! And it's frustrating as can be to be waiting!!

8. Tiebmbr

Tiebmbr Godfather

Mar 27, 2007
    I think you can blame Arnold Schwartzenegger....he loves his "MyNetwork TV"!:lol:

9. Ronv

Ronv Legend

May 29, 2006
    I agree, having to watch that SD signal on a HD set, really sucks.

10. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Wow - that's a real "get" for Sacramento. Now all MyNetworkTV needs is some programming in HD.

11. jcrandall

jcrandall Godfather

Jun 18, 2004
    Not sure if it's the case for Sacramento, but they ususally only add the MY Network when that affilate does local sports.

Detroit, for example, the MY station does half the Pistons games, so D* carries it in HD.

12. dleighton

dleighton Cool Member

Jan 12, 2007
    KCQA 58 has an agreement with the local NBC affiliate (KCRA 3) where KCRA produces local news on KCQA during times when they are not broadcasting on KCRA. KCRA broadcasts their news in HD so that provides KCQA with some HD programming.

13. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718

yupp we are still waiting...

Cable ---
    ABC HD wvec(BELO)
    NBC HD wavy(LIN)
    FOX HD wvbt(LIN)
    PBS HD whro(???)
    CBS HD wtkr(???)
    MNT HD (agreement in place with sinclair, but currently unavailable via cable)

Vz FiOS---
    ABC 813
    NBC 800
    FOX 805
    CBS 803
    PBS 801
    CW (agreement in place, engineering currently in progress)

D* ---
    C-SPORTS NET Mid-Atlantic HD 629 (not a local channel but 1 OF NORFOLK'S RSN)

14. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    KQCA does not have any sports on their network, and honestly, I have not even noticed that it was added by D*? I will have to update my channel lists when I get home. However, when I used my OTA in the past, which was before KCRA aired news in HD (which is shared on KQCA), KQCA had no programs in HD.

15. rjdude

rjdude Legend

Mar 8, 2005
    Not entirely correct... they carried the Raiders preseason football games in HD (although the HD channel was not available on D* at the time -- had to watch OTA). All we need now is PBS and we'll have a full house (excluding independents/spanish channels)!

16. rjdude

rjdude Legend

Mar 8, 2005
    They do show the MY Network programs/soaps in HD primetime. Prior to My Network, this was the old WB and they had most primetime shows (Smallville/Supernatural etc.) in HD for several years.

17. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    I'll remember that for when I drop the "Change" indicator on the channel so I can mark it as an HD newscast channel.

18. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    We get My Network 27 in DFW, yet they never show Dallas Stars games in HD. I just wish for WB33-HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.