1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Favorite Funny Ads.

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Richard King, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I have to stop everything I am doing and watch when a new RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) ad comes on the tube. The plot is a fellow about 55-60 years old is about to start a golf round as a solo when the starter assigns him a "partner" for the round. The partner is a little girl about 11 or so years old. Judging from the man's expression, he is not pleased when he is assigned his partner. Needless to say the little girl kills him on the course. :lol: At the end he throws his clubs, bag and cart into a pond/water trap. He then starts walking away and realizes that his car keys are in the bag. The little girl's form when swatting the golf ball is PERFECTION. It's worth watching the ad just to see this along with providing a great laugh.

I have seen the ad on CNBC and the Saturday morning Fox News financial shows. I can't find it on UTube. If all ads were this funny and original I wouldn't skip them with my DVR. :)

2. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I saw that during the Masters - funny stuff!

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Agreed with the basic idea, although I haven't seen the ad.

Every so often a commercial comes along that really draws us in. Who could forget (unless you're too young):

Pepto-Bismol:"Mamma mia, that's a spicy meatball!"
    Coca-Cola: Mean Joe Greene
    Apple: 1984
    Clairol: "Does she? Or Doesn't she?"
    CA Fluid Milk Producers (later National Dairy Council): "got milk?"
    Budweiser: "Whazzup"/"How you doing"

and on and on.

There's one I remember but haven't seen in close to 20 years, it was for the Florida Lottery and described other things people gamble on. This particular spot described "ferret legging". Still makes me laugh.

4. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Did you agree with her form? WHO is she??? Is she a real golfer? Is she an upcoming future pro? Were these all camera tricks (a fairly simple task)?

5. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
  6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Now, I really thought I'd seen this spot in 1991 for the Florida Lottery, but memory's a funny thing. Here it is for the California Lottery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9skwCaKpXE

7. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    There was a NY lottery commercial with the Grim Reaper trying to take a recent elderly winner that was hilarious... :)

8. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I think she looks better than I do while prentending to golf. :p

I don't know if she can actually smack the ball as far as that guy in real life, but if he's in his 60s and is an average golfer, it's definitely in the realm of possibility. She looked about 11 or 12 like you said, and there are some pretty good young golfers out there. I don't think it would take a scratch golfer to make the shots she did. Just lots of shooting. :grin:

9. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
  10. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    I know she looks better than I do while pretending or playing golf. :(

11. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I won't insult fellow golfers by calling what I do "playing." :lol:

12. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Personally love the new Pepsi Max with the "head bobbing" parody of the SNL skit. Of course i'd never drink the stuff, but i'll watch their commercial anyway.

13. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    The new Trail Mix cereal commercial makes me laugh everytime..... it's the one where the blood hound is trying to get the guy out of bed and to do so he brings him breakfast in bed and when the guy leaves cut back to the bed and the dog is snoring....

14. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    What makes this a good commercial is the fact that Chris Katan is at the end and he mutters something to show his displeasure. Great commercial.

My all time favorite commercial is from the late 80's early 90's. It is a nike air pump advert showing two bungee cord jumpers one wearing a pair of reeboks and the other wearing the nike air pump shoes. The one wearing the pump shoes pumps them, they both jump and they cut to thw view of the nike guy being pulled back up by the cord while the other cord has just a pair of reeboks hanging there. This commercial was eventualy banned but it is my fav.

15. netconcepts

netconcepts Legend

Jan 20, 2007
    The trunk monkey ad 'thrown off the bridge' still has me rolling.

16. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...

Yeah actually he yells "stop it!" :lol:

17. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    The Dish ads where they claim they are the HD leader are pretty funny. :lol: ;)

18. Sackchamp56

Sackchamp56 Godfather

Nov 9, 2006
    :lol: you are the man:lol:

19. dbconsultant

dbconsultant Hall Of Fame

Sep 13, 2005
    Temecula, CA
    Capitol one commercial where the family jumps into a boxcar to avoid travel expenses. There's a couple of hobos in the car already.

Daughter wrinkling nose: "What smells like old cheese?"
    Hobo (pointing at other hobo): "Oh, that's just Earl!"

Then, when they jump off the boxcar, the gramma tucks and rolls and, looking extremely battered, says, grumpily, "What's in your wallet?"

I think this was only on for one season but my husband and I still repeat these lines!

20. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Not at all funny! Ticks me off every time I see them in SD.:rolleyes: