1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Most viewed DVD?

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Steve Mehs, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Anyone have a particular DVD that you pop in a bit more frequently then the others in your collection? For me it's Sleepy Hallow, I don't know what it is about that movie, but everytime a head goes rolling I start to laugh. But the blood is not realistic enough the, last time I sliced my finger open, the stuff that came out was not a dark shade of pink :) My second viewwd most DVD is Gladiator.

2. spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    I have lots of DVDs that I've never actually sat and watched all the way through even once, yet I've managed to watch THE IRON GIANT 3 times. It is the very definition of an overlooked, under-rated classic.

3. geneb11

geneb11 Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    I would have to say "TWISTER" you gotta love this movie on DVD.

4. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Possibly "Quigley Down Under" if I could ever get it back from the friend I loaned it to. The sound of that rifle through a good sound system is worth the price of admission.

5. raj2001

raj2001 Icon/Supporter

Nov 2, 2002
    Men in Black DTS. I can't remember how many times I've played it.

6. bkwest

bkwest Mentor

Aug 14, 2002

This was my fav. But I was in a Tornado on May 3rd 1999 In Oklahoma city and since that it has not been the same. Before you ask how close I was to the tornado let me tell you. IT ACCUALLY HIT US. We were under an over pass (not for long mind you) and it blew us out of there. I was knocked 150+ ft down I-35 like a little rag doll, I lost my right shoe and one of my other friends lost his right shoe, Many of the people under there lost their lives, I consider myself lucky to have only lost one of my shoes. :/

7. leestoo

leestoo AllStar

Mar 23, 2002
    The one that I watched the most is Shawshank Redemption. I have probably watched it 15 to 20 times.

8. Unthinkable

Unthinkable Guest

Sep 13, 2002
    Run Lola Run or The Crow probably. I think Amelie is well on its way to earning a spot like this as well.

9. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Braveheart! Nothing like watching a Scotsman MOON in Widescreen :D

10. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Shrek

11. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Wow! Glad you are okay.

My most watched DVD and movie of all time for me is Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I know, it was a dud, but it introduced me to the wonderful world of great film scores and Jerry Goldsmith. Ever since the release in 1979, I have also discovered James Horner, John Williams, Bruce Broughton and other great movie composers. My life has never been the same.

I also really enjoy the DVD because Robert Wise (the director) was able to go back and finally finish the movie. Now ST:TMP is complete and much better than when it was first released.

12. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Over the last couple weeks, it's been Lilo and Stitch. If it isn't already, it will soon become my most often played DVD!

13. Bardman

Bardman AllStar

Apr 23, 2002
    Star Wars Episode 1... I have a 4 year old.....

Of course, before that, it was Toy Story 2, and next movie to be repeated entirely too frequently will probably be Star Wars Ep 2.

Of course, he (like me) likes them played at "mommy upsetting" volume!!

14. Jasonbp

Jasonbp Godfather

Jun 17, 2002
    Right now it's "Ghostbusters", I just bought "TMNT", "TMNT 2" and "TMNT 3" off Amazon. So, one of those will be my most viewed in about 3 months.

15. CoriBright

CoriBright Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 30, 2002
    Galaxy Quest.... closely follow by Four Wedding and a Funeral and Twister, Speed and The Net.

We're suprised our GQ isn't worn out yet!

Cari
    www.coribright.com

16. John Walsh

John Walsh Godfather/Supporter

Apr 22, 2002
    The Fifth Element, Kiss the Girls, Pitch Black and Event Horizon

17. Timco

Timco Woof! DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 7, 2002
    Fifth Element & Matrix

18. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Fifth Element? Milla Jojovivich running around wearing just a few Band-Aids, Nothing wrong with that :D

19. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas has spent an inordinate amount of time in my DVD player over the last few years since it's release, though it hasn't been popped in for a while. When the Criterion Collection version comes out shortly, I predict a great resurgence in Fear and Loathing viewing!

20. toddjb

toddjb Legend

May 7, 2002
    Wow...great flick. Its one of those, however, that only people who read the book seem to really appreciate. By far the funniest book I've ever read.

THE MATRIX is by far the most played movie in my collection. Its not even the greatest video or sound quality out there (no DTS), but its damn good, loud, action packed and thus the DVD I throw in for a demo when people first see my home theatre. I usually throw it in at the lobby shooting spree and we end up watching the rest. So...I've seen the last half of the movie much more than the first half! :)

-todd