1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your top 10 most watched channels?

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by zeebre12, Jan 9, 2017.

1. zeebre12

zeebre12 Member

Dec 28, 2014
    new york
    No necessarily with Dish. What are your top 10 and/or your households most watched TV channels including cable/satellite, networks and subchannels and what are the main programmes you watch on each?
    ABC
    Fox
    The CW
    Ion
    USA Network
    TV Land
    Comedy Central
    SPIKE
    METV
    LAFF

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    The only time I pay any attention to channels is when I'm programming a recording. Most of the time I have no idea what channel a program is on.

Rich

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Local channel 5 (WRAL)
    CBS network (now on local 17)
    Local channel 50 (part of same company as 5) and 50.2 (Me TV)
    Food Network
    FOX sports (NASCAR)
    NBC sports (Nascar)
    ESPN(and affiliated) - college basketball
    FX
    other channels that have movies that I want to watch

4. btedford

btedford New Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Local Channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, CW, NBC
    Comedy Central
    Cooking Channel
    Food Network
    Syfy
    Fox Sports Midwest

5. goldwing

goldwing AllStar

Aug 25, 2006
    SW OHIO
    For the last 20+ years i have had a Fav guide set up of 11 channels only. (not including locals that i get free with OTA)
    I have never even looked to see what might be on any other channels but my 11 in those 20+ years.
    My list
    ESPN
    ESPN 2
    USA
    TNT
    TBS
    AHC
    FX
    FXX
    HIST
    AMC
    CNBC

6. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    You must have at least once since AHC and FXX, or their precursors Discovery Wings and Fox Sports World, didn't even exist 20 years ago

You're likely missing out on things you might enjoy if you don't check beyond your favorites list every few months.

If AMC was first added to your favorites list 20 years ago, you probably would enjoy FXM, Turner Classic Movies, MGM HD and Sony Movie Channel.

If you like AHC or History, there's probably a bunch of shows you would enjoy on channels like National Geographic and Smithsonian.

If ESPN and ESPN2 are on your list, chances are at least some of the sports and/or teams you watched on those channels 20 years ago now air on channels like ESPNEWS, ESPNU, SEC, FS1, FS2, BTN, MLB Network, NFL Network, NHL Network, NBA TV, CBS Sports Network or NBCSN.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Equally amazed there are no local news channels! But, as always, diff strokes, diff folks.

8. goldwing

goldwing AllStar

Aug 25, 2006
    SW OHIO
    Nope not really, everything i need for my basketball fix is on either ESPN, ESPN2 or TNT. TBS for baseball playoffs.

Since network and cable execs don't seem to care about 50+ year olds i have become more of a reader :)