1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Youtube not working!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by MONSTERMAN, Jan 21, 2012.

1. MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Crystal Bay...
    Hello, ever since the HDGUI update one of my HR24-500's is not getting the youtube option on the search function. Neither am I getting the suggestions of what I might like to watch. I've tried all the usual stuff like resetting the DVR and unplugging the sat cable (nothing). Weird one of my HR24-500's gets it and the other doesn't. Before the HDGUI I got it on both DVR's.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Check the settings on your receiver to see if it allows Web Videos.

3. MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Crystal Bay...
    Where would I find that? I don't ever remember seeing that setting, unless it's in parental controls which I have never changed or messed with.

4. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Select Menu, scroll down to Settings & Help, select Parental Controls. You will see Web Videos on it's menu.

5. MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Crystal Bay...
    I don't have that option listed...

Both of my HR24-500 DVR's have the 0x57b software.

All I have under parental controls are:
    Lock Now
    Rating Limits
    Adult Channels
    Channel Blocks
    Spending Limits
    Viewing Hours
    Done

So the parental control is not showing Web Videos
    also, with nothing showing for My Directv when you first hit menu.

I know it is connected to the internet b/c I ran all the tests and everything passed, also I'm able to download all On Demand stuff.

My other HR24-500 shows:
    Lock Now
    Ratings Limits
    Adult Channels
    Channel Blocks
    Web Videos
    Spending Limits
    Viewing Hours
    Done

and is showing My Directv being filled with suggestions.

6. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Have you tried refreshing the receiver via the D* website?

7. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Do a double restart within thirty minutes to clear the guide cache.

8. MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Crystal Bay...
    Yes, I've tried re-authorizing the receiver several times to no effect via Directv.com

9. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    How long have you been connected to the internet? Have you done a red button reset?

10. MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Crystal Bay...
    Since it first was offered. Prefer menu reset, only ever used RBR when DVR freezes and doesn't respond to remote.

11. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    When you say there is no Youtube option using search, with the HDGUI Youtube has been moved out of the regular search screen, when pressing Menu - Extras, do you see a "youtube" icon?

12. ashburn

ashburn New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I am following this thread carefully. I also do not have Youtube available. I've done all the checks above all to no effect.

13. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    I get youtube option in my searches just fine..... but i dont see a you tube icon in the "extras" section.

14. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    I think you have a great idea for a future enhancement, but in HDUI 0x57b, YouTube is in SMART Search.

15. MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Crystal Bay...
    Weird, with my 0x57b update on the HR24-500 that gets youtube, I still only have ever had it in the smart search section. Never in the Extras section. Extras for me only show: Messages, Active, Game Lounge, Caller ID and Showroom.

I think this whole thing is somehow related to how "Web Videos" isn't showing up in my Parental Controls list of options. Directv can't figure this out either, they keep telling me the Youtube App didn't get downloaded with 0x57b.

I wish Apps like Youtube, Pandora and eBay existed in the Apps feature. Nothing in there now is really useful or functional.

ASHBURN: Are you getting "Web Videos" under the Parental Controls section of the menu?

16. ashburn

ashburn New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    No, it's neither in Extras nor in the Parental Controls. It doesn't come up in smart search either.

I give up!

17. TAK3210

TAK3210 Legend

Dec 11, 2011
    It doesn't show up at the bottom of the Smart Search results list for you? If you enter "AAAA", for example, you should end up with only two items in the results: 1) "AAAA" Keyword and 2) "AAAA" YouTube

That's what I see anyway.

18. dddemos

dddemos New Member

Apr 11, 2011
    HR22-100...Had the same problem.(no youtube). Pressed reset button...Now I have youtube again.

19. ashburn

ashburn New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    It's not there in the smart search. All I see is keyword. I tried (reluctantly) a red button reset and nothing changed.

20. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    YouTube should show-up in Smart Search in the next day or so if your network is working. Are the D* Apps working?