1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZEE Sports America - Ind Pak series

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by quizzer, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    How many guys are planning to take ZEE SA jus for the Ind Pak series if you have not already taken?

I think its better to go la-carte at 19.99/month for the series you are interested than going on for the 149.99/annum.

what do you guys think?

I'm thinking of this series and Ind SA mid next year.

Both should work out to be 60 days roughly = $39.98 which was not possible in the PPV days.

Thanks

2. V-Train

V-Train Mentor

Mar 9, 2004
    I removed it a couple days ago after the Aussie series ended, and plan on adding it for the Indo-Pak series.

I have no interest in the channel otherwise, especially since there is no way to know what is going to be on. The guide is never right; it'll say there's a cricket match on and it's actually soccer. They didn't even have the right starting times for the live Aussie matches, either. They always showed the day matches starting at 10 (PDT) when they started earlier.

3. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006

No issues right...can we add this channel any time and remove at leisure?

Is there any additional charge for adding/deleting this?

Thanks

4. rasheed

rasheed Godfather

Sep 12, 2005
    You will pay the $5 charge each time to downgrade, but it is likely still cheaper than doing the annual service.

Just add it online and then delete via a call (I don't believe you can remove online).

Rasheed

5. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    Thank you Rasheed...

Is there a charge for adding it thru' call as well?...anyhow i will do it online few mins before the 1st ODI starts.

You planning to take it?

6. V-Train

V-Train Mentor

Mar 9, 2004
    I wasn't told of any charge although I'm assuming I'll get charged. No issues, it took literally 10 seconds, I said I wanted it off, she took it off, call over.

7. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    When you added this channel first, did you do it online or through call?

8. V-Train

V-Train Mentor

Mar 9, 2004
    I have to call, since I'm an ATT Dish customer.

9. nataraj

nataraj Godfather

Feb 25, 2006
    I'm going to keep it. I guess they will show some or the other match ... and $150 a year is a steal ... compared to PPV. I'm watching the SA- Pak matches now ...

I hope
    - they correct their guide
    - give 1 hour highlight of every day's match. I don't want full repeats ...

10. grantsa4

grantsa4 Mentor

Feb 27, 2007
    Where can you find a schedule for this channel? What is the channel number?

11. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006

channel 576.

no schedules afaik...jus watch whatever comes in it like cricket and footbal.

12. omegax

omegax New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    if you need schedule then go to asian television network.com or williow.tv

13. amahdi

amahdi Legend

Sep 30, 2002
    If I subsrcibe to Zee Sports by calling them up - does it mean I have access to willow tv coverage of the Pak v India series? If so - do I need to register again at willowtv?

14. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    Good Question

Previously during PPV's dish used to give free willow access if you subscribe to the PPV's.

Now that rates are reduced, we may have to call DISH and find out.

When r u planning to call/add ZEE SPORTS America?

Thanks

15. amahdi

amahdi Legend

Sep 30, 2002
    Are we 100% sure that Zee Sports is sowing this series in North America? I heard that they won't be showing it in North America.

16. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
  17. amahdi

amahdi Legend

Sep 30, 2002
  18. satexplorer

satexplorer Superstar

Feb 6, 2007
    Dock X
    Reminder: Sometime next month Zee Sports is moving to Channel 800 on Satellites 110° and 61.5°.

When there is live programming on Zee Sports it says LIVE on the bottom right hand corner of your screen. Then a scroll appears on the bottom addressing replays of the live game.

DISH Network lost all rights to International cricket, with ppl spending a arm and a leg to buy games. DISH Network couldn't keep up with all the games. remember the Indian domestic cups, Friendly Cup 2007 in Ireland or the Afro-Asia Cup. It was online only for N. America viewers.

Just because you get Zee Sports on DISH Network, doesn't qualify you to have a subscription on willow.tv remember, DISH Network lost all the rights to this as well.

19. amahdi

amahdi Legend

Sep 30, 2002
    Thanks.

But if you go on this website for willo w- why does it say in conjunction with Zee Sports. Doesn't make sense on why they would partner and not offer broadband if you get Zee Sports.

http://www.willow.tv/EventMgmt/Default.asp

20. rasheed

rasheed Godfather

Sep 12, 2005
    Under the new Zee Sports America model, I do not believe any broadband is included unless there is some sort of PPV option. The relatively low cost of the cricket channel is designed to provide better coverage rather than trying to license coverage for every tournament (which was probably more profitable than this new channel).

Rasheed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.