1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Zenith HD Plasma Faint Squiggly Lines

Discussion in 'High Definition Displays' started by Rnrboy, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Rnrboy

Rnrboy Mentor

Oct 7, 2010
    So two years ago I bought a Zenith 50 inch HD Plasma that seemed like a steal at the time. To this day it has great reviews, all LG Parts, (normally) fantastic picture. Sleek appearance. $700! No complaints, right?

Until recently that is. I have begun to notice that at times there are these three faint squiggly lines that appear across the screen sort of near the top. Often times they are not visible at all, many times they are only faintly visible, but sometimes they are distractingly obvious.

So to cut to the chase, is there anything I can do about this? Or do I simply live with it or have to get a new TV???

Thanks in advance!

2. BenJF3

BenJF3 Godfather

Sep 12, 2008
    Check the ribbon cables going into the panel where you see the lines/noise. I've repaired numerous LG sets for poorly seated ribbon cables. A trick for cleaning them if they have a film over the pins is to use a pencil eraser and gently rub them. Be VERY CAREFUL not to rip, tear or pull them apart. If you ruin the cable, you ruined the panel and the set is worthless.

3. Rnrboy

Rnrboy Mentor

Oct 7, 2010
    THanks! I'll try that.

4. BenJF3

BenJF3 Godfather

Sep 12, 2008
    Also, provide me the model number and I'll check service notes to see if there are any known issues with any components.

5. Rnrboy

Rnrboy Mentor

Oct 7, 2010
    OK, I'll get back to you on that. Thanks again man.

6. Rnrboy

Rnrboy Mentor

Oct 7, 2010
    The ribbon cables appear to be inside the set, and I don't feel confident enough to mess with that!

However, the model # is Z50PJ240UB

Any further help you can provide would be deeply appreciated! :)