1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zinwell 6x8 Multi-Switch

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DJamison1, Nov 5, 2009.

1. DJamison1

DJamison1 New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Please forgive me if this has been asked, I'm new here and didn't see it anywhere.

When I had DTV install my Slimline5 they ran 3 coaxial cables from the dish to the house. They connected 2 of these to my HD-DVR receiver and 1 to my regular HD receiver. DVR is in the living room and regular HD receiver in the bedroom. All worked well.

I just bought a 3rd receiver. It is a regular HD receiver. I bought a Zinwell 6x8Multi-switch so I could hook this 3rd receiver up to the dish. Now, I do not get all of my channels.

Do I need to run a 4th coaxial cable from the Dish to the Multi-Switch to get the rest of my channels?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    You need 4 cables from the Dish to the Zinwell for it to work properly

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    As they said, four cables MUST be run from the LNB to the multiswitch or you'll end up missing channels.

4. DJamison1

DJamison1 New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Thank you very much. I'll run the cable !!

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    You can run two cables to the DVR and one each to the non-DVR receivers. No multiswitch needed.

6. DJamison1

DJamison1 New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Ran the cable and all channels are available. Thanks for the help.

bobnielsen - I had already purchased the Multi-switch and mounted it. But you are right, if I had known that there was a 4th connection on the dish, I would have done it your way. Thanks for the help though.

7. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Now you are ready for when you add another DVR. :D